Asthma is a chronic recurrent respiratory disease with inflammation of bronchial tubes.
Homeopathy has a very good scope in the treatment of asthma. If we combine homeopathic treatment along with some dietary guidelines, we can expect really good results. So a diet for asthma patients is very important.
Best foods for asthma patients:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of antioxidants and beta carotene. Research has shown that those children who ate a lot of fruits throughout their childhood had a lower risk of developing asthma later in life.
- Fruits with a high content of Vitamin C and E just like kiwi, oranges etc. reduce the lung swelling and inflammation.
- Increase intake of green leafy vegetables: Fresh vegetables make a good diet for asthma patients. They contain a high amount of Vitamins and flavonoids which destroy the free radicals in the body. Free radicals are the toxins in the body which aggravate the asthmatic conditions.
- Vitamin D: It is found that people with asthma usually have low Vitamin D levels. So milk, eggs, fish like salmon must be in the regular diet for asthma patients.
- Spending time under the sun for a few minutes can increase the level of Vitamin D. which in turn has a good effect on asthmatics.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Obesity and asthma attacks have a direct link between them. It is found that attacks of asthma significantly reduce when the patient maintains healthy and normal weight. The frequency of asthma increases with the weight gain.
Foods to be avoided in Asthma:
- Reduce salt intake: High intake of salt is known to increase asthma attacks in children. So as far as possible, children should be discouraged to eat packed salty snacks and packaged foods. Moreover, research has shown that reduction in salt intake has a positive effect on exercise induced asthma.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG): This is found in a plenty of amount in Chinese foods and packaged and processed foods. MSG is known to trigger the asthma attacks. So it should be kept at bay.
- Sulphites: Sulphites are used as preservatives. They are known to aggravate asthma. Sulphites are found in wine, dried foods, pickles, frozen shrimps and even the fresh shrimps. So this food item should be avoided by the asthmatics.
Here is the general guideline to make a good diet plan for asthma patients and also certain food to avoid for reducing the asthma attacks.
At Life Force Homeopathy, Dr Rajesh Shah has treated thousands of patients of asthma successfully over a period of 30 years. With his treatment patients who were taking steroids for asthma are now off the steroids and living a reasonably healthy life.
He firmly believes that with above diet tips and proper homeopathic treatment patients can find huge relief from asthma.
Here are a few testimonials of the patients who are treated by Dr. Rajesh Shah at Life Force.
Got question? Ask about your ailment directly to Dr. Shah. Just send your query here.
There is good improvement 80%. The attacks have reduced considerably. There was only one attack since treatment which was very mild. – S. D. Kuwait
I had asthma from last 35 years. I had a problem in breathing and could not walk even 2 steps. But after taking Dr. Shah’s medicines my Asthma is gone. My cough and mucus are gone and I can now walk and play. There has been a tremendous improvement in my health and in terms of my nature too. Thanks to Dr. Shah for making my life good and sweet!!! – Rana Kohli, Delhi, India
I, JAM, Pin Number: 15677, residing at Pune, India, were suffering from Allergic asthmatic bronchitis since last 1 year caused due to exposure to damp, cold weather and dust. I had severe Allergic coughs and colds frequently and the cough was more severe at night. With this condition, I approached Dr. Shah’s clinic and after a detailed case study I was given medicines. Within 4 months of starting the treatment, there was 50% improvement in my condition. The coughing spells come mainly in the night but much lesser in intensity. The wheezing has reduced completely. The frequency and the intensity of the Allergic coughs and wheezing have considerably reduced. – J. A. Martyres, India