You get a sudden skin rash which is an angry looking red and itches terribly. Is it something serious or something that will settle on its own? What do you do? When do you need to see a Doctor for your skin rash? Here are a few pointers that will help you assess your skin problem:
What could your skin rash be?
Skin rashes commonly result from one of the below common causes:
- Allergic reactions. The substance causing an allergy may be something that you touched (a plant or a chemical) or something that you breathed in (environmental toxin) or something that you wore (a new clothing material or an ornament) or even something that you ate (a wide range of possibilities from shell fish to peanuts).
- Insect bites
- Bacterial or Viral or Fungal infections
- Excessive heat
- Side effects of certain medications
Contact your Doctor for your Skin condition if:
- Your skin rash doesn’t show any signs of reducing in a few days or if your skin condition continues to increase.
- Your skin problem is accompanied with other symptoms affecting the rest of the body like – fever, joint pain, body pain, breathlessness, head pain, sore throat or swelling of the tongue.
- Your rash is painful or gets infected and oozes pus or if there is excessive peeling of your skin or if your skin is turning darker in colour.
- All the home remedies that you have tried are not helping.
- Your skin problem is affecting your day-to-day activities or is disturbing your sleep.
Some of these skin rashes may be life threatening:
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Toxic Shock Syndrome
- Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
Most of these serious skin rashes have the following common features: The rashes affect the entire body or most it including the mouth, eyes, anus, private parts, etc. Most of these rashes have blisters which contain fluid. These blisters may rupture later leaving behind painful skin underneath.
Have you been suffering from a skin rash that just keeps coming back? If may need to be looked into! Do leave us your contact details in the form below or drop in an email at email@example.com with your skin condition photographs. Dr Rajesh Shah’s homoeopathic treatment for skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, ringworm etc. has benefitted thousands of patients from across the world. You may visit us here. You could also give us a call at +91-2266888888 to talk to one of our doctors.