Smart Tips To Get Relief From Abdominal Pain Associated With IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS in any form can make life difficult. The pain, gut irritation, and adverse effect on your energy, mood, and overall health that it makes you experience deteriorate your quality of life. Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure for this condition (although it’s not a life-threatening condition). If you have been consistently dealing with bad tummy days and looking for the best irritable bowel syndrome treatment, homeopathy is there to help you manage those IBS symptoms naturally, gently, and safely. Read to know more about IBS and how homeopathy can help.
IBS is a commonly occurring functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorder wherein a group of symptoms affects the digestive system. Symptoms may include cramping, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, gas, and bloating. IBS is multifactorial, which means there can be many contributing factors that give rise to its symptoms. Some causes of IBS are stress, anxiety, bacterial infections, food intolerance, etc. Symptoms of IBS can be from mild to severe.
IBS can be of various forms, such as IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D) characterized by chronic or recurrent diarrhea and IBS with constipation (IBS-C) characterized by abdominal pain or discomfort associated with constipation. Some people may also have IBS with mixed bowel habits (IBS-M), which means alternating symptoms of diarrhea and constipation. In some cases, IBS neither causes diarrhea nor constipation.
If you are dealing with IBS, here are some tips related to lifestyle, dietary modifications, and medications such as Homeopathy for IBS that will help you.
Identify your triggers to IBS:
The first step to treating any disease is to find the root cause. Identify the trigger that has been initiating your symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Some of the reasons may include stress, antibiotic overdose, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), yeast overgrowth, hormonal imbalance, food allergens or poisoning, excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol, etc. In some cases, there can be multiple reasons for the trigger too. To access your triggers, you can do a self-assessment by cutting out certain foods and habits or get yourself tested. It will help you take the right action to combat IBS.
Try gut-healing supplements: There is an array of gut-healing supplement options available out there that help suppress IBS symptoms. Some of them include
- Probiotics: Help with constipation, diarrhea, and IBS.
- Vitamin D: Relieves IBS symptoms and helps improve overall health.
- L Glutamine: It provides essential nutrients to the gut, thereby helping it repair and heal. It also reduces bloating and inflammation.
- Digestive Enzymes: Supports the gastrointestinal tract in the digestion process.
- Psyllium husk: Fiber that helps improve overall IBS symptoms.
These supplements can tremendously help you restore your gut health. It is important to note not to go overboard with these supplements. Instead, start small and identify which works the best for you. Consult your doctor before starting the supplement regime.
Make some lifestyle changes:
A poor lifestyle impacts the human body in ways one cannot imagine. It gives rise to many chronic diseases and long-term illnesses, including IBS. Start by making the slightest changes in your daily routine. Doing so will improve your overall health tremendously. Lifestyle changes would include:
- Practicing stress-reducing techniques: Stress essentially depletes the body from essential nutrients and impacts your immune and gut system. To reduce stress levels, practice relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, & breathing exercises and try to get sound sleep each night.
- Exercising: Physical activity can significantly improve IBS symptoms. Try incorporating low to moderate-intensity exercises such as walking, yoga, cycling, etc.
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine: These can worsen your IBS symptoms. Instead, you can have fruit or vegetable juices, herbal tea, and decaf coffee.
- Making dietary changes: While other lifestyle changes do their bit, food is something one has to be careful about. Whatever we eat forms us and affects us too. When it comes to treating IBS and maintaining the gut microbiome, there are certain foods that you must include in your daily diets, such as fibrous fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. One must also consume gut-healing foods such as ginger, fatty acids, etc. Some foods to avoid are sugar, artificial sweeteners, and processed foods. If you have an allergy to dairy products or certain grains, try eliminating those from your diet and see if that works or not.
Having said that, there is no particular diet for IBS that can suit every individual. Each patient reacts to the foods differently. And, sometimes, changing lifestyle altogether is not the only solution. IBS is a long-term condition, and you would need a reliable pain & symptom-relieving method. Here homeopathy treatment for IBS will work the best for you. It is not only potent but safe too.
Homeopathic medicines are known to be very effective. Well-planned homeopathy treatment helps manage the IBS symptoms while treating the disease at the root level without causing any side effects, which is not the case with other medications. Although IBS is a lifelong disease and has no cure, timely and the right homeopathy treatment helps reduce the progression of the disease.
In homeopathy, each patient is considered an individual. Various factors are assessed, such as specific symptoms, emotions, personality, medical history, family’s medical history, etc., before a homeopathy treatment is given to a patient. Since homeopathy treatment & medicines are prescribed based on the characteristics of the individual, they vary from one person to another for the same disease.
As a result, homeopathy offers a long-lasting relief compared to other treatments, and that too within a short period. It helps you experience tremendous relief from IBS symptoms by treating the root of the disease at the early stages.
If you have IBS, you must be aware that IBS can make life difficult without the right treatment. Hence, it’s important to find & adopt a dependable relieving method that works the best for you offering long-term relief. By adopting homeopathy, you not only get long-lasting relief from the IBS symptoms you may be dealing with lately but also experience improved overall health. Besides, homeopathic medicines are safe to rely on for the long-term duration without showing any side effects and without any dependency. So, it’s a win-win battle against IBS. Consult an expert homeopathy doctor today to get a personalized and the best IBS homeopathy treatment plan and start living a healthy and happy life!
+ There are no commentsAdd yours