If you or your loved ones are susceptible to frequent infections, consult a professional homeopath specialist. Homeopathic remedies are very effective for the treatment of oral thrush.
Oral Thrush or Oral Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by yeast; the most common is the fungus Candida albicans, when it accumulates in the mouth it causes white –yellow patches with bumps commonly seen in immune-deficient person and to the person using steroid sprays for asthma. Oral thrush causes white lesions on the tongue or inner cheeks. It may also live on the skin and inside the body; some common places are oral, throat, gut and vagina. If it grows out of control it enters deep into the body such as the bloodstream and organs and causing complications.
Types of Candidiasis:
- Candida infections of mouth, throat, esophagus.
- Vaginal Candidiasis
- Invasive Candidiasis
What causes oral thrush?
Oral thrush causes due to overgrowth of fungus Candida albicans commonly occurs in people having a poor immune system, if your immune system is compromised or the bacteria or micro-organisms in your body which is responsible for controlling fungus if disrupted can cause fungal growth out of control. Some common causes are:
- A compromised immune system
- An unhealthy diet with poor nutrition
- Excessive consumption of sugar
- Hormonal changes especially during pregnancy
- Certain medications and drugs such as OCP, corticosteroids, antibiotics etc
- Accumulation of parasites in guts.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Diagnosis of Oral Thrush:
Oral thrush can be simply examined by your mouth from characteristics bumps and clinical history
A throat swab culture or endoscopy can be performed if needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Symptoms of oral thrush:
Symptoms may develop when infection get worse are
- Creamy white or yellow patches with bumps on inner cheeks, tongue, the roof of mouth, tonsil, gums, and lips.
- Painful and may bleed when scraped
- Bad breath and unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Soreness and burning in the mouth
- Cotton like sensation in your mouth
- Dry, cracked skin of the mouth
- Difficulty swallowing
- Redness below the white patches.
- Loss of taste.
- It may affect your esophagus
Disease condition more prone to cause oral thrush?
Diseases which weaken your immune system such as HIV, Leukemia and Diabetes, anemia, cancer increase the risk of Candida infection and create favorable condition for overgrowth of fungus.
Is it contagious?
Yes if you are suffering from oral thrush or any other type of fungal infection it’s possible that it will spread on the other parts of your own and to someone else’s body. It may spread from a pregnant and a nursing woman to infant or toddlers. Vaginal thrush can be spread sexually.
How can you get rid of Oral Thrush fast?
- Eating a healthy balanced diet and improve your immune system.
- Reduce consumption of food containing yeast and molds and consume a meal rich in high protein and probiotics.
- Practice good oral hygiene, brush your teeth twice a day
- Keep dentist consultation at least twice in a year.
- Change your toothbrush frequently, and must replace your toothbrush once finish oral thrush treatment.
- Don’t scrap bumps caused by thrush and brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush.
- Consult a doctor on excessive dry mouth and less saliva secretion.
- If you are on asthma spray or corticosteroid inhaler rinse your mouth and brush your teeth after taking medicines
- If you are diabetic, manage your blood sugar level by diet and lifestyle modification.
- Avoid any mouthwash or mouth spray without a doctor’s consultation.
- Cutover consumptions of sugar intake to reduce fungal accumulation.
SOME HOME TIPS TO MANAGE THE ORAL THRUSH
- Rinse your mouth with salt water daily twice
- Consume a mix of garlic and onion with coconut oil it has antibacterial and antifungal properties help in controlling fungal growth
- Lavender tea mix with ice and lemon can alkalinize the mouth and fight against yeast.
- Nuts and seed rich in the omega-3 act as antifungal, anti-parasitic and antiviral boost your immune system and fight against yeast.
- Fermented foods – Probiotic naturally present in fermented foods.
- Acidic foods such as apple cedar vinegar, olives, etc.
- Water Intake should be increased
A complication of Oral Thrush:
Without proper treatment, the fungus that causes thrush may enter your bloodstream and may spread to brain, heart, eyes, kidney, and other parts of the body.
It may cause a life-threatening condition known as septic shock.
Treatment for oral thrush:
Usually, antifungal treatment is given but once you begin the treatment thrush usually goes away within a couple of weeks, but there is recurrence immediately on exposure to triggering factors, the relief is short-lasting.
- Homeopathic remedies can be opted to alleviate uncomfortable symptoms and intensity.
- It treats candidiasis from the roots
- Homeopathic remedies rebalance the body and boost the immune system to avoid re-occurrence.
- Maintain the balance between useful bacteria.
There are thousands of potential remedies for treating candidiasis some of the most common for treating thrush are Pulsatilla, Sepia, Borax, Sulphur, Antim crud, Lycopodium, merc sol, kali mur, etc these remedies act wonderfully on your Candida infections.
For more information, you can visit our website of life force homeopathy to see successful and cured cases testimonials, case studies, and videos of our happy patients.
There were many patients who seek conventional treatment for Candida infection and that they were battling with a history of long duration suffering and their treatment includes all sorts of antifungal and antibiotics along with restrictive diets, the bout of Candida not improved no matter what they tried to cure themselves.
But after taking treatment from “LIFE FORCE HOMOEOPATHY” from a gentle homeopathic detox and researched based homeopathic medicines of Dr. Rajesh Shah patients reported with a huge improvement in their symptoms and many of them are completely cured now.