ADHD (i.e. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a concerning brain-based disorder which affects kids. It is related to the functioning and behavioural skills of children with ADHD. Hyperactivity, difficulty in concentrating, and impulsive behaviour are some of the symptoms which are indicative of ADHD. Diagnosing ADHD in kids is complex, as the classic behavioural symptoms of it are often part of a kid’s normal development. So, you might be wondering about the causes, types, symptoms, and treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), aren’t you? Keep reading to learn all about it.
Types Of ADHD:
- Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive: Kids with a ‘predominantly hyperactive-impulsive’ type of ADHD display symptoms of hyperactivity and experience the need to move constantly.
- Predominantly Inattentive: Children with a ‘predominantly inattentive’ type of ADHD experience difficulty in paying attention and are often easily distracted, but do not have much concern with regards to hyperactivity.
- Combination of both types: Children with a combination of the types of ADHD mentioned above tend to experience a lot of problems with regards to both hyperactivity as well as inattention.
Causes Of ADHD:
ADHD in kids can occur due to various causes. Here are some causes of ADHD:
- Genetic tendency
- Dietary Causes
- Environmental factors
- Malfunctions or deformities of the brain.
Symptoms Of ADHD:
The symptoms of ADHD also vary in terms of intensity, ranging from mild to moderate to severe. The symptoms shown by a child with the inattentive type of ADHD include difficulty in focusing or being attentive, easy distraction, avoidance of tasks requiring attention, frequently losing ngs, such as pencils and toys, misplacing their belongings, daydreaming, movement disorder, and a problem with following instructions.
The symptoms shown by a child with hyperactivity include a difficulty with sitting still in the school or while doing homework, running around, talking non-stop, interrupting others in mid of the conversation, constant movement, displaying impatience while waiting for a turn, tapping of hands or feet, and difficulty in doing tasks quietly and calmly.
Effective Homeopathic Remedies For ADHD
Homeopathy is quite effective in treating ADHD in kids. Here are some best homeopathic treatments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder found in kids.
1. Lycopodium Clavatum and Baryta Carb are quite effective homeopathic remedies which can help treat concentration issues in the kids with ADHD.
- Lycopodium Clavatum is recommended in cases were kids experience difficulty in focusing or concentrating while reading and carrying out a conversation. Also, it helps kids who happen to be confused and show signs or traits of a low self-confidence
- Baryta Carb is a homeopathic remedy which works wonders in addressing concentration problems in kids with ADHD. It is beneficial for kids who cannot focus or pay attention to any work.
2. Veratrum Album and Hyoscyamus Niger are some of the best homeopathic remedies which are used to regulate impulsive behaviour in ADHD kids.
- Veratrum Album is quite effective homeopathic medicine for kids with ADHD, and it is used to regulate impulsive behavior, excessive shrieking, and urge to cut and tear the things.
- Hyoscyamus Niger is recommended in the cases where kids display impulsiveness along with the desire to strike and bite in significantly high degrees.
3. Tuberculinum Bovinum and Tarentula Hispanica too are quite beneficial homeopathic remedies for regulating hyperactivity of kids with ADHD.
- Tuberculinum Bovinum is recommended when a kid displays hyperactivity coupled with an impulse to run away. Tuberculinum Bovinum is recommended when the child with ADHD exhibits fits of angry outburst along with screaming and tendency to speak in abusive language.
- Tarentula Hispanica is suggested when a kid exhibits hyperactivity along with a marked impatience and restlessness.
4. Chamomilla is also highly effective homeopathic remedy which is used to address the anger outbursts in the kids with ADHD. Chamomilla is indicated when symptoms of anger along with cross behaviour and irritability is observed in the kids.
So, you can count on homeopathy for ADHD without a second thought to help your kid with ADHD lead a better life.
Written by Dr. Ashitha, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah