We often get scared after hearing the word ‘Hepatitis’, don’t we? Yes, most of the individuals often express a concern after hearing the name of this health condition or with just a thought of Hepatitis. So, it’s important to learn what exactly Hepatitis is. Hepatitis can be defined as an inflammatory condition of the liver commonly resulting due to a viral infection. And, you also need to be aware of hazardous consequences resulting due to Hepatitis. Read on to learn more about Hepatitis, its complications or adverse effects, and how homeopathy plays a vital role in coping with the disease.
Acute hepatitis is a short-term viral infection, which begins suddenly and lasts only for a few weeks. Chronic hepatitis lasts for at least 6 months.
5 Types Of Hepatitis:
There are various types of Hepatitis. Find some prominent types of Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is usually caused by eating food or by drinking contaminated water with human waste.
- Hepatitis B: Hepatitis B spreads from mother to the child at birth, through sexual contact, and through contaminated blood transfusions and needles.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C is transmitted through contaminated blood transfusions or needles.
- Hepatitis D: Hepatitis D mostly infects intravenous (IV) drug users, who are also carriers of Hepatitis B virus.
- Hepatitis E: It is similar to Hepatitis A. Hepatitis E is prevalent in countries with poor sanitation. It generally gets cured by itself and rarely causes any complication.
Hepatitis can make the patient suffer from severe adverse effects. Find below some adverse effects of Hepatitis on the human body.
1 Bleeding Disorders: Advanced liver disease can make you suffer from bleeding disorders as it makes your liver too diseased to produce clotting elements and hormones, which promote the production of quintessential platelets.
2 Ascites: Accumulation of the body fluid is called Ascites. And, acute liver failure can result in ascites.
3 Portal Hypertension: Increased blood pressure in the portal vein is called portal hypertension. Cirrhosis of liver resulting due to hepatitis can cause portal hypertension.
4 Hepatic Encephalopathy: It occurs due to Hepatitis C. It is a condition which releases a toxin, such as ammonia, that affects the brain functioning adversely causing memory loss, diminished mental abilities, and fatigue.
Chronic hepatitis C or B can cause quite severe health issues. Since the concerned virus affects the patient’s liver, individuals suffering from chronic hepatitis C or B are prone to the risk of following hazardous conditions:
5 Liver Cancer: It is also known as hepatic cancer, which begins in the liver.
6 Chronic Liver Disease: Disease of the liver that lasts over a period of six months. It often results in cirrhosis and fibrosis of the liver.
7 Cirrhosis: Scarring of the liver.
8 Liver Failure: When your liver stops to carry out its functions normally, it results in liver failure.
Homeopathy works at the immunological level, so it is efficacious in tackling viral infections. Therefore, homeopathy is highly effective in arresting the underlying process of irreversible changes caused by Hepatitis. Thereby, the right homeopathic treatment reduces the viral count and activity by stimulating the patient’s immune system.
So, if you happen to suffer from Hepatitis any time, go for homeopathy without a second thought to experience safe, long-lasting, and effective recovery.
- Written by Dr. Krutika, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah