Simple Home Hacks For Your Hives!
Urticaria, better known as hives or nettle rash is one of the commonest skin allergies people suffer today. It is estimated that more than 1/6th of the whole world’s population has been affected by this skin allergy.
Urticaria is a skin disease in which the patient experiences transient eruptions of wheals on skin, with well-defined red margins. These eruptions are accompanied by itching and burning sensation. There is no fixed pattern or timing of the eruptions to come. The eruptions may vary from small 1-2 cms to large 10-15 cms in size. The eruptions can be either short-lived or may last up to a day or two. The Eruptions usually fade away without leaving behind any marks unless scratching has damaged the affected areas.
Causes of urticaria:
- Food allergens
- Infections and infestations
- Synthetic products
- Environmental allergens
- Emotional factors
Treatment for Urticaria:
Urticaria is a very much treatable and in most cases. There are many treatment options available for hives today in the health space. The issue is which treatment you choose to go with! How to decide what is correct and best for you! In homeopathy, we provide you the safest and secure treatment without any side-effects to the patient.[box type=”note” ]We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.[/box]
Home Remedies for Urticaria:
- Aloe Vera: This is one of the excellent remedies for the urticarial rash. It possesses anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the redness, itching and burning sensation over the affected skin areas. When applied to the skin, gives a very cooling effect and thus relaxes the body. When ingested stimulates the immune system and reduces the inflammatory toxins from the body. But this remedy should not be applied by either children or pregnant and breastfeeding mothers as this remedy does not suit them. So people please watch out for this main clause while you apply or ingest aloe vera!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is yet another Wonderful remedy for Urticaria complaints. This remedy has anti-histamine properties which reduce the inflammatory toxins from the body and improves the over the health of the skin. Patients suffering from Urticaria can either ingest apple cider vinegar or apply on the affected parts and wash with the same.
- Ginger: This is also called as the “wonder drug” as its famous for its anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces swelling caused by the inflammation and itching by targeting the genes and enzymes. In this home hack, you can ingest the ginger with warm water or apply fresh roots of the same to the affected parts. The miracle you will see will be astonishing!
- Cold Fomentation: This is the most common home hack that is always recommended by the skin specialists for Urticaria. Basically, cold compressions shrink the blood vessels, in turn reducing the blood flow and causing the reduction in the histamine levels in the body which are responsible for inflammatory changes in the body. Thus giving a cooling effect on the affected skin.
- Mint: Also known as pudina, consists of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties due to which it gives a quick cooling effect to the affected area with hives when applied topically.
- Turmeric: Famously known as haldi, is known for it anti-inflammatory properties since ancient times. Application of turmeric on the affected area gives fast and long lasting relief to the patient. Also ingesting turmeric with either water or milk helps in reducing histamine levels in the body thus in-turn reducing the relapses of urticaria.
Hope the users reading this blog, are befitted with the above information.[box type=”note” ]Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly.[/box]
Urticaria and homeopathy:
Homeopathy offers an excellent treatment for chronic cases of Urticaria.
– Written by Dr. Nikita, Associate Doctor, Life Force Homeopathy.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours