4 Best Anti-Aging Foods For Radiant Skin
Have you ever heard of the phrase ‘Beauty comes from inside out’? It means that you are what you eat. What you eat matters a lot because it has a direct impact on your immune system and health. It also affects our appearance and the way we feel. It’s important to feel energetic, positive, and active throughout the day. There is no shortage of pricey creams and potions in the market. They don’t give you the inner glow which comes from what you put ‘in’ your body and not ‘on’ your body. Foods that contain a lot of antioxidants minerals and multivitamins are important because they change the body at the cellular level where every cell is involved in creating a glow on your face. It is important to look at what you put into your body i.e. consume. Thus, healthy and delicious foods can take care of the skin and add to the glow to your face. It can also take care of the immunity levels, reduce cancers, and protect your skin against cardiovascular problems.
Skin is the largest organ of the body so it responds to all nourishing foods as wells as the internal system to keep it healthy. If you are looking to turn back the clock and get that dewy glow on your face you are on the right page. Let’s face the fact that you are working throughout the day and get tired. If you wish to get rid of the tired appearance, improving your diet is the way to go. As a healthy diet can take care of the internal system, it can also take care of the skin which deranges because of free radicals that come up with oxidative stress. So, focus on your diet to regulate aging. A keto diet or anti-inflammatory diet may help. Keep focusing on how well you can eat. Here are some amazing anti-aging foods that you would love eating and help you have a radiant face.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are delicious and should be included in your day-to-day diet. Whether cooked or fresh in salad or tomato sauce, tomatoes are shining stars as they make your skin glow and gives you that red glowing cheeks. If you enjoy tomatoes, you are going to have a good amount of vitamin C, which will help prevent scaly skin. Tomatoes contain all carotenoids including beta-carotene, lutein, and lycopene. These powerful antioxidants protect skin from sun damage. To fully absorb the carotenoids, it is best to have them with some kind of fat. Consider this on a free pass to snack on little avocados, cheese, olive oils, and nuts at the same time.
- Walnuts: Walnuts is making news these days because of their optimal ratio of essential fatty acids. Walnuts contain nutrients that play a crucial role in building blocks of healthy cell membranes. They provide us omega-3 fatty acids. Another great source of essential fatty acids is salmon, herring, and mackerel. We recommend walnuts for your essential fatty acids requirements because they contain skin-friendly vitamins, antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C, and selenium as well as 4 – 5 grams of protein per ounce. Consider walnuts one ounce per serving for their high fatty acid contents. Walnuts also support skin healing and fight bacteria and inflammation
- Sweet potatoes: Beta carotene is a type of antioxidant from the carotenoid group that protects your skin from damage. Sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene. The diet rich in carotenoids gives you sun protection but that doesn’t mean that you skip your sunscreen. You need to make sure that you apply your sunscreen generously. Sunburn is important to avoid as not only it makes your skin dark and tan but also causes the skin to deteriorate, thereby leading to cell death and you are at higher risk of skin cell cancers. Cell death imparts a dry and withered wrinkly look to the skin. Sweet potatoes contain antioxidants that make your skin lively and impart that glow on the skin. So, go for sweet potatoes but don’t overdo it as it contains carbohydrates and fats.
- Almonds: Almonds are also very essential and should be included in our daily diet for our good skin health. Almond milk gives that natural glow to the skin. Eating 5 – 6 almonds daily can delay the process of aging, and this can help you in a long run to care for your skin. You are what you eat. Make sure that you include almonds in your daily diet, and it can keep your immunity levels strong for a healthy life. It is very good for brain health and sharp memory as well. Remember, it’s important to feel good about yourself and eat well. It can boost your immune health and fight off infections. Above all, it improves your skin health and slows down anti-aging.
The key to achieving a healthy diet is to go for plant-based food with lean meat and fish added to it. Fresh fruits and vegetables should also be included in the diet. Take in foods with the highest levels of antioxidants and essential fatty acids and vital nutrients to protect your precious skin. If you drink a lot of water, you can boost the positive effects further which will take care of the skin and flush out unwanted toxins from the body. Follow our advice to achieve glowing skin. Enjoy the antiaging effects of foods at an early age.
- Written by Dr. Rati Parwani, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah