5 Annihilating Health Effects Of Smoking To Watch Out For
Are you a regular smoker or do you know anyone who smokes among your friends and family? Do you want to learn which annihilating effects smoking cause to your body naturally? If you nodded along with a concern, then you should definitely give this post a read.
Smoking, most prominently tobacco smoking, is a harmful activity that about 1.1 individuals and one-third of total adult popular practice. As a matter of fact, most tobacco smokers start smoking in their early adulthood or teenager. You may find that most smokers mentioning those smoking cigarettes help them get rid of the feeling stress. However, it is important to note that smoking is one of the major causes of preventable death throughout the world. This harmful habit reduces life of a female by about 11 years and the life of a male by approximately 12 years.
Some of the hazardous diseases resulting due to the habit of smoking are lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, vascular stenosis, and heart attacks. Also, smoking while expecting can make the fetus suffer from ADHD.
Tobacco smoking is highly injurious to your health, and there exists no safe way to practice smoking. Fortunately, quitting the habit of smoking may reverse its several side-effects. So, you should be aware of hazardous effects of smoking and make efforts to quit smoking.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
6 Hazardous Health Effects Of Smoking That You Might Not Be Aware Of:
Smoking affects almost all the systems of your body. Some of the changes that occur in your body are mentioned as below.
Cardiovascular System: Smoking damages the structure of your heart and the way the blood vessels work. It increases the risk of:
- Atherosclerosis (plague liquid builds in the arteries)
- Coronary heart disease (chest pain, heart attack, arrhythmia or death)
- Peripheral heart disease
- Increased risk of stroke.
- Respiratory Problems: Cigarette smoking causes 87% of deaths due to lung cancer. Smoking damages the air sacs present in your lungs which lead to making an Asthma attack worse. COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis, results due to smoking.
- Cancer: Cigarette contains 7000 chemicals which can cause cancer. Cancer of lung, pancreas, stomach, and blood are the most common types of cancers that occur due to smoking
- Central Nervous System: Nicotine, which is one of the prominent ingredients of cigarette, tends to affect your central nervous system adversely. It reaches your brain in a few seconds and makes you feel energized. When this feeling wears off, you feel tired and crave more for smoking Withdrawal of smoking leads to withdrawal effects, such as anxiousness, irritated, and depression.
- Pregnancy Complications: Early delivery, miscarriage, stillbirth, sudden infant death syndrome, and ectopic pregnancy are some the prominent harmful effects of smoking during pregnancy.
- Other Complications In Men & Women: In males, erectile dysfunction, poor sperm quality, and sperm defect are some of the harmful effects occurring due to smoking. Smoking also makes your bones weak after menopause.
Is Smoking Dragging You Down?
Quitting smoking is difficult. Here are some of the measures that can help you quit smoking.
- Use your nicotine replacement medication
- Breathe deeply
- Stay busy
- Drink water
- Chew gum
- Ride out the urge
Since smoking is a harmful habit that affects every body system, finding a way to quit smoking is the most important step that you should opt to live a longer and happier life.
-Written by Dr. Renuka, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah
Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours