If you wake up with stiffness and soreness in your lower back that reduces as you proceed with your routine and physical activity throughout the day and with exercise, it may be more than normal pain and wear & tear. If this has been a recurring issue for more than three months, you may have ankylosing spondylosis (AS).
Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory condition that can lead to the fusion of some of the vertebrae in your spine. As a result of the fusion, the spine becomes less flexible which might lead to a hunched-forward posture. It may be difficult to breathe deeply if your ribs are impacted.
It’s a chronic inflammatory illness of the axial skeleton that causes swelling between your vertebrae and in the joints between your spine and pelvis with varying degrees of involvement of peripheral joints and non-articular structures. Ankylosing spondylitis is a disease that mostly affects the spine. Other joints, such as the shoulder, knees, and ankles, may be affected in some situations. Ankylosing spondylitis most commonly affects the sacroiliac joint.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Causes
The specific Ankylosing Spondylitis cause is still unknown. It’s believed to be an autoimmune disorder. Autoimmune disease refers to the destruction of healthy body tissues by the body’s immune cells as a result of a misdirected response. Immunological cells misinterpret healthy tissue as a foreign, deadly organism in autoimmune illnesses, thereby triggering an immune response to kill it. An immune reaction is triggered against the sacroiliac joints and the joints of the spine in ankylosing spondylitis, thereby resulting in inflammation, damage, and finally fusion.
Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Here’s a list of symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Bending the spine is difficult
- Hip discomfort with difficulty in walking and dull, widespread pain.
- The discomfort in the heels and soles of the feet is worst in the morning and at night but the relief improves after a warm shower
- Stooping position
- Straightening of the spine’s natural curvature
- There may be low-grade fever, a loss of appetite, and general discomfort in the early stages of the disease
- Appetite loss and weight loss
- Fatigue and low energy levels
- Swelling, redness, and pain in the eyes
- Having trouble taking a deep breath (because expanding the chest is difficult and painful)
- Insufficiency of the heart
Benefits of Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment with Homeopathy
Homeopathy concentrates on both the patient as a person and the clinical situation. A remedy is chosen after a thorough individualized examination and case analysis, which covers the patient’s medical history, physical and mental condition, and other factors.
The following are some of the most significant advantages of Ankylosing Spondylitis treatment in homeopathy
- It treats the underlying causes of autoimmune disease by addressing the immune system.
- It helps to reduce the pain without having any negative effects.
- Its goal is to keep diseases at bay.
- Even if used for a long period, it is completely safe.
Homeopathic medicines for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Homeopathic remedies are recommended based on the analysis of the patient’s specific genetic, immunological, and psychological characteristics. As a long-term treatment, it is both safe and effective.
It eases discomfort, increases mobility, and, most importantly, keeps the disease in control. It has no negative consequences.
Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing Spondylitis aids AS sufferers by addressing the immune system, which is often overactive in these individuals. The doctor will recommend a treatment plan to the patient based on the symptoms they are experiencing.
Here’s a list of some of the medicines used in homeopathy:
- Rhus Tox: When a patient experiences discomfort in the sacral/lumbar area that turns worse when at rest, on sitting, or after a period of inactivity, Rhus Tox is the first medicine to try. The discomfort that travels down the legs and into the foot indicates this medicine. Walking or any other movement or motion provides pain alleviation.
- Aesculus: This is recommended for patients with severe pain and stiffness in their low back and hips. The pain is persistent, and it is uncomfortable whether trying to get out of a chair, stooping, or walking, all of which demand more effort. A nagging feeling that the legs will give up adding to the walking strain indicates this medicine.
- Kalmia: This is used to treat people who have back pain and stiffness as well as a warm, numb, and prickly sensation. A burning sensation is related to low back and neck pain. The discomfort starts in the early hours of the night and spreads down the arm or up into the shoulder in quick bursts indicating Kalmia.
- Kali Carb: This is used when ankylosing spondylitis symptoms of pain and stiffness affect the patient’s lumbosacral back area along with extreme fatigue. The patient may feel like he is experiencing a paralytic attack and needs to lie down to rest. This sensation is similar to that of a broken back and can spread to the neck or legs.
- Guaiacum: It is an important treatment for people who have ankylosing spondylitis and have a stiff neck. It’s a plant medication made from the ‘Guaiacum Officinale’ plant. Zygophyllaceae is the natural order of this family. The main reason to take this medicine is a lot of stiffness in your neck. This drug is also effective for pain in the neck and back (between the scapulae). In rare circumstances, it is also suggested when neck pain spreads down the sacrum.
- Tellurium Met: It is a treatment for ankylosing spondylitis, which causes severe sacral pain that radiates down the thigh. When the back is sensitive and touch aggravates the agony, this medicine may help. Other symptoms that signal the necessity for this drug include back weakness and cervical back discomfort that spreads to the shoulder and between the scapulae. The patients also experience sensitivity in the cervical spine on applying pressure and touch.
If you are suffering from AS symptoms, consider trying homeopathy. Symptoms such as pain and stiffness in the lower back and hips, neck pain, and exhaustion can be relieved more quickly with homeopathy treatment. If you have a specific condition, you can speak with a homeopath. Choose to take consultation and treatment from an experienced homeopath and obtain relief gently and safely with no adverse effects.