Hello folks! Today I will be writing about the best diet you can take if you are suffering from gout. A low Purine diet is predominantly advisable for the gout sufferers that will keep you away from that intense pain in the toes and other small joints.
As an individual grows, you become prone to certain diseases at a certain point in your life whenever your immunity becomes low. Having excess of uric acid in your body is one such tendency. Your diet also matters equally as your immunity. As diet makes up or deteriorates your immunity.
What is gout?
Gout is one of the most acute and painful type of arthritis characterized by painful swelling and redness of the affected joint. Gout can be identified by increased uric acid levels in the blood. The purine metabolism in the body gets affected.
Gout is typically treated with a triad of diet, medication and lifestyle corrections. A proper diet specific for gout when taken, accelerates the process of recovery. You can soon be medicine-free if you curb the desires of your tongue and avoid these foods bad for gout.
Foods that cause gout
Foods rich in Purine, uric acid and calcium oxalates can trigger a gout attack. Following are the foods that cause gout.
- Beer and Alcoholic beverages
- Fish especially herring, shell fish
- Legumes (Dried peas and beans)
- Pulses (Tur dal, urad dal)
- Organ meat (Liver, kidney)
- Meat, Bacon & pork
- Artificial foods and beverages
- Refined flour preparations (Bakery products)
These are gout foods to avoid when you are suffering from gout and undergoing gout treatment.
Foods to be included in your diet
- Low fat dairy products (Curd, buttermilk, cheese)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Dark berries are known to reduce the inflammation
- Tofu can be substituted for meat
- Olive oil has essential fatty acids which helps control the uric acid levels in the body
- Brown rice, oats, barley and whole grains
- Vitamin C rich foods like citrus fruits, kiwis, gooseberry (amla), raspberries and cherries can help reduce the serum uric acid levels
- Coffee is known to help regulate the uric acid levels
- A low protein diet which includes lean meat (chicken) and egg whites can be taken
- Last but not the least, loads of water and fluids to flush out the accumulated toxins (in the form of uric acid crystals) from the body. Fluids can be in the form of homemade fruits juices, vegetable soups, shakes and smoothies.
- Having a Purine free diet will help prevent further attacks of gout in terms of their frequency and intensity.
- It will boost your immunity, as many foods are antioxidant rich
- Intensity of pain, inflammation, redness will reduce
- It will help monitor your weight, preventing obesity and further control uric acid levels in the body.
- Will improve general health and well being
Benefits of having a Purine free diet
Above all being stress-free and happy brings you good health and keeps you away from this hindering disease. If you found this list of foods bad for gout, do let us know in the form below. Homeopathy offers a good solution for gout treatment. To know more about how homeopathy for gout treatment, give us a call and talk to our doctors at +91-66888888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit us at: http://www.askdrshah.com/gout.aspx