Low body stamina is one of the woes of several individuals worldwide. Gone are the days when we use to do hard-work or laborious tasks and household chores often. The desk-based job, long working hours and ease of transportation have forced people to abandon physical activities. All these coupled with unhealthy habits have made even basic walking for 40 minutes hard these days. But, to break this not-so-healthy lifestyle and build body stamina, lifestyle modifications are needed. Many of our patients ask for suggestions for increasing stamina. If you are reading this article, you might be wondering the same, aren’t you? Get answers to all your questions by reading this post below.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
We will share some valuable tips on how to improve stamina both in terms of nutritious eating and fitness.
1. Improve Your Fitness with Exercise Routine:
Physical activities cannot be excluded when we talk about increasing your body’s stamina. When you incorporate regular exercise into your routine, it plays a major role in increasing your stamina. You will experience a difference in your stamina level. After climbing the flight of stairs if you are having serious trouble catching your breath, you end up gasping for air, and if your heart palpates then it’s a wake-up call to understand that your stamina level is zero. If your stamina levels are low how to increase them? Here are some tips to increase your physical stamina through exercise.
- Exercise helps build physical stamina to a large extent, but it has to be taken slow. For instance, people quickly join the gym, do many things very fast too soon, and at the same pace they give up. This will not help you. Start with simple walking and then gradually take it to brisk walking.
- If you are passionate about water, you can go swimming and indulge in water exercises which are great to increase your physical stamina. Water exercises are the best exercises for increasing stamina.
- Once you get familiar with water exercises, you can slowly start doing yoga. A lot of people might be hesitant to join yoga due to a lack of flexibility. But, a proper trainer can guide you to do simple exercises and simple movements that you can do in your capacity.
- Remember exercise is good for health and should be done regularly and daily to burn some calories. It improves digestion power and helps you to stimulate metabolism. One should exercise daily to get good results. Make sure that you include different forms of exercise that help in boosting your metabolic power and helps you to shed off some kilos as well.
- Drink a few sips of water between the exercise so that you don’t get dehydrated. Dehydration can slow you down or decrease your stamina. To boost your stamina, don’t go for sugary drinks which will just pile up calories. Instead, opt for simple plain water which is great for your body and helps maintain the hydration level at its best.
2. Eat Nutritious Food to Boost Your Physical Stamina:
Exercise with a nutritious diet is equally important. Here are some essential tips on what to eat to increase body stamina.
- It is important to incorporate healthy eating habits in day-to-day life. To start with include complex carbohydrates, such as whole wheat rotis and brown rice, in your diet.
- Along with complex carbohydrates, proteins also play a major role in the diet and increasing stamina levels. Some of the best sources of proteins are eggs, beans, sprouts, legumes, and lean meat, such as chicken and fish. Including healthy fats in your diet, they contribute towards upping stamina. Eat seeds, such as flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds, which are rich in healthy fats. They are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Besides healthy eating, maintaining proper mealtime is also very crucial. For a healthy body and digestion, it is important to make sure that you have healthy gaps between each meal. This means skipping or missing breakfast is a big no-no. Your first meal of the day breaks the fast after the previous night’s dinner, and, hence, it should be given the utmost importance. Do not skip your breakfast or meal.
Similarly, maintaining the quality of sleep is also vital for the healthy functioning of the body and mind. It is very important to sleep for a minimum of 8 hours a day. this gives a chance for your body and mind to recover from exhaustion.
Helpful Tips for People who Exercise:
For people who exercise, here are some tips that can help them achieve the stamina they desire.
- Have a banana before you start working out. As it is rich in potassium and vitamin B, it helps you stay energetic throughout the workout session.
- Post-workout, you can have protein supplements or eggs. These will help maintain energy levels in the body and help in muscle recovery. It is worth mentioning that eggs are great for workout and great breakfast or post-workout option since it is packed with proteins and amino acids which form the building blocks of the body.
- Many people happen to hold their breath while exercising but this is not at all advisable. You need to breathe while exercising or exhale through your mouth and enjoy the whole workout. Oxygen is important for building stamina. When you do this, you can see the difference for yourself.
Exercise is the key to build up stamina and nutrition compliments it majorly. When you incorporate both exercise and a nutritious diet into your routine, you are sure to build up stamina and there will be a great increase in your stamina levels. If you are obese or overweight, this strategy will help you in losing weight and it will also boost your confidence levels. So, put on your shoes and set out and see your body changing, mind relaxing, and stamina level increasing remarkably. With the right effort, enjoy the stronger and fitter you. Adapt your body to these changes and enjoy a better you.