Back pain causes a lot of discomforts and it can affect your routine life adversely. There are pain-sensitive structures in the spine that may make you experience the pain in your back. Fortunately, homeopathic treatment for back pain can help you obtain relief effectively. The patients prefer homeopathy as it does not have any side-effects. And, if you are keen on learning more about back pain, spine health, how common backache is, and how homeopathy can help, get answers to your questions by reading this post below.
Backache: Is It Common?
Your spine is the backbone of the body. Your musculoskeletal system is equally as important as your cardiovascular system. The spine health should be given great importance along with the locomotor system, which helps you to walk. The spine has some prominent nerves that emerge from its roots that carry great significance as the feeling and intensity of the pain emerges from these nerve roots which lead to spondylosis. As the age advances, there are degenerative changes in your body that lead to the degeneration of the cartilage which leads to the pain and difficulty in the walking along with a backache.
Walking does not only mean lifting your foot at a particular pace and setting down each foot in turn. It is one of the main gaits of locomotion along with running. It imparts you the style and aura of the presence of gait. And if walking is associated with backache, it would change your style of gait and would affect your spine health adversely. So, give your spine health the topmost priority with age. Not only the vertebrae of the spine get affected resulting in backache and difficulty in standing and walking but also the ligaments and tendons which support it are affected.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
The Spinal Health
From the top to bottom, your body is supported by the musculoskeletal framework and spine which involves the vertebrae. It is the S-shaped structure which gives a characteristic appearance to the spine. The spine is made up of 24 bones. Ligaments and the muscles connect the bones and arrange the spinal column. It is arranged in five main segments, namely cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, and coccygeal segments. The spine is made up of 33 bones stacked one upon the other giving it support for the lifetime. This happens to deteriorate with age, thereby leading to the degeneration of the cartilage between the vertebrae. This cartilage is made of annulus fibrosis and nucleus pulposus from which the nerve roots emerge and pass. Taking care of this cushion-like cartilage, which acts as a shock absorber, is of utmost importance as it gives offers great support while walking and standing with pride. It keeps us upright and straight which allows us to move around and maintains flexibility in bending forward.
The pain-sensitive parts of one’s spine are the periosteum of the vertebrae, dura, facet, joints, epidural veins, arteries, annulus fibrosis, and longitudinal ligaments. Going by these sorts of pain and its location, the part which is comprised can be ascertained. The pain on account of changes in these diverse pain-sensitive structures does not include nerve root compression.
Causes of Cervical Spondylosis:
Here are some common causes of cervical spondylitis.
- Genetics: Genetics plays an important role in the anatomy of the spine. If your parents have cervical spondylosis, chances are that you might develop the same due to early arthritic changes in the spine.
- Age and Use: Age is the contributing factor in this disorder where the use of the body is also an important feature. Cervical spondylitis is often observed in people who are in the initial years of their 5th decade of life.
- Previous trauma or injury: Any kind of previous trauma or injury can cause stress to the backbone and lead to the breakdown of the spine.
- Occupation: Repetitive motion of neck or stress can lead to degeneration of the spine.
Symptoms of Back Pain:
The symptom of back pain may vary from person to person depending on the age, severity, and duration of pain in an individual. Some common symptoms are as follows:
- Pain in the nape of the neck
- Grinding feeling when you move your neck
- Pain radiating from neck to shoulders or arms
- Weakness in your arms and legs
- Numbness in your shoulders and arms
- Stiffness in the neck
- Trouble in maintaining the balance while walking
- Trouble controlling bowel and bladder
- Restricted neck movement.
- Limited range of movement
- Muscles in the neck may become tight or fatigued
Cervical spondylosis is the potential cause of the neck-related dizziness. When the system works improperly, receptors can’t communicate to the brain causing dizziness and other sensory dysfunctions. Cervical spondylosis with radiculopathy and myelopathy may lead to disability because of nerve compression which could cause the loss of bowel and bladder movement. Because of the combination of neurological symptoms and bone degeneration, it is commonly observed in patients suffering from arthritis. Cervical spondylosis may be difficult to be distinguished from the neurological disease with unrelated arthritis.
Your healthcare provider will do a physical examination to check if you have these problems. The doctor might check your neck, arms, and shoulders to check everything is functioning well.
- Imaging test: X-ray, MRI, and CT Scan may help in providing the details about the structure of bones and cartilage. This can show bones discs, muscles, nerves, and the attached spinal cord condition that lead to the pain.
- Myelography: During this test, the doctor might inject fluid around the spinal cord as a dye and take a scan to check how the bony spurs and bones are interacting with spinal nerves.
- Electromyography: This scan shows how the muscles are interacting with the bones and nerves
- DEXA scan: This helps to determine bone density.
Homeopathic Approach for Back Pain:
Homeopathy is accepted as the best treatment for the complaints of lumbar spondylosis or cervical spondylosis inclusive of back pain. Homeopathic medicines work on the spine-structure by relieving the pain and soothes the nerve damage. The constitutional homeopathic treatment acts on the pain-sensitive structures, thus it relieves you of chronic pain and prevents its reoccurrence is prevented effectively. You just need the guidance of a professional homeopath under whose supervision you can take the medicines. We at Life Force Homeopathy guide you and promote homeopathy for treating the generalized back pain which is relieved by taking the precautions and further steps that are important from spondylosis’ point of view.