Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the colon. It affects the large colon and rectum of the gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms of this condition usually develop over time, rather than occurring suddenly. Symptoms vary depending on the severity and where it affects you internally. The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, weight loss, and fatigue. It is a chronic remitting and relapsing autoimmune disease of the lining of the colon. Remitting and relapsing means that the patient has symptom-free periods followed by flare-ups. The disease course can affect the quality of life and the normal day-to-day functioning of the patient negatively. There are various risk factors of ulcerative colitis, such as age, diet, family history, stress, and lifestyle disorders affecting the colon. The exact cause of this condition is not yet known, but it is considered as an autoimmune disorder which means that an immune system malfunction occurs, wherein an abnormal immune response causes the immune system cells to attack the cells and lining of the digestive tract. This disorder may lead to debilitating conditions and cause complications. Identifying the symptoms with early diagnosis and following active prevention measures are the keys to treat ulcerative colitis. Treating ulcerative colitis is to prevent the next relapse and to have symptom-free periods as much as possible.
The solution to this health problem of ulcerative colitis is identifying the cause of flare-up of this condition and fixing it. Corticosteroids injection can treat the flare-up and immunosuppressants may help the patient to some extent temporarily, but they cause serious side-effects. OTC (over the counter drugs) drugs can manage pain and diarrhea. But, today the treatment for ulcerative colitis focuses on every solution to find permanent or long-lasting relief. Here are a few essential steps to achieve it:
- Relieve the symptoms
- Rectify the immune system
- Correct the nutritional deficiency
- Reduce the severity of the flare-up
- Prevent the complications
- Manage the condition
The treatment for ulcerative colitis should work by targeting or blocking the molecule that causes the inflammation leading to flare-up or reduce the symptoms or response of the body (such as pain) to inflammation. So, the treatment can target both the cause and the effect which is possible with the natural and side-effect-free mode of treatment: Homeopathy.
So, curb ulcerative colitis by going for homeopathy along with dietary and lifestyle modifications. You need to know that there is a causative factor that can cause the inflammation of the colon. The body’s capacity to absorb the nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and others, from food reduces that lowers your immunity levels and causes many symptoms, such as pain and diarrhea. Here are some tips to consider while choosing the correct mode of treatment for ulcerative colitis:
- Targeting the molecule causing inflammation is the solution to the health problem in Homeopathy and not just palliating treatment with bouts of pain and diarrhea. Treating the root cause is essential in ulcerative colitis.
- Correcting the immune response is also a solution to colitis. Building immunity by just having vitamins and the inability of the body to absorb them due to triggers of the inflammatory response is not a solution. Homeopathy works on the root cause of ulcerative colitis and corrects disturbed immunity restoring it to normalcy.
- Becoming vigilant during the symptoms-free periods and taking care of diet and lifestyle help you to monitor and maintain a healthy colon. Keep a careful watch on all the triggers that cause the inflammation of the colon, such as excessive sugar, caffeinated drinks, carbonated drinks, oily spicy food, smoking, alcohol, white bread, dairy products, over the counter drugs, and conventional medicines’ side-effects.
Helpful Tips To Obtain Relief In Ulcerative Colitis:
Ulcerative colitis management includes achieving remission, controlling symptoms, and maintaining remission that is preventing symptoms from returning which is the most important factor in treating reoccurrence of ulcerative colitis. The most important things that can help achieve and maintain remission period are:
- Following a proper nutritious & balanced diet: Check what you eat. A well-balanced nutritious diet & a normal body weight are essential to maintain good health in cases of colitis. There is no specific diet to follow, but avoiding eating certain foods can help. If you decide to restrict certain foods, it may provide you relief in colitis. For instance, some people feel better by restricting heavy oily meals, high intake of sugar or artificial sweeteners, excess of spicy food, or by restricting milk and dairy products. Make sure that you choose correct substitutes for the same. A nutritious diet high in calories and protein along with vitamins, minerals, and iron supplements is essential to replace the lost energy and nutrients while being affected by the episode of pain and diarrhea.
- Avoiding medicines that worsen the symptoms: Pain-relieving medicines, such as NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), can worsen the condition of colitis, so avoid them.
So, save your colon and avoid the complications and surgery involved in the treatment of colitis. Your gastrointestinal tract is as important as your heart or brain. Take good care and nurture your health with good absorbable nutrients and vitamins, which not only help build immunity but also corrects your immunity. A good intake of a nutritious and balanced diet helps to stand strong against this autoimmune disorder. Go for a natural healing diet and medicine without side-effects, such as homeopathy. Enjoy a stress-free life, a good lifestyle, healthy eating habits, and have a healthy gut and good health.
So, if you happen to suffer from ulcerative colitis, opt for homeopathy without a second thought. Get in touch with experienced homeopaths at Life Force and receive effective homeopathic treatment for ulcerative colitis for good relief.