Diet Plans For Hyperlipidemia To Follow
Hyperlipidemia is a condition that is characterized by an increase in lipid levels in your body. The elevated levels of lipids include increased levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides. In our body, there functions a mechanism that works on excess cholesterol and synthesizes it. But, if the cholesterol levels are always high, it mostly gets deposited in the blood vessels and may lead to high blood pressure, heart attacks, and coronary vascular diseases in the future.
So, reducing the bad cholesterol levels (LDL cholesterol and triglycerides) in the body is very important to lead a good healthy life. However, following a proper diet can help manage hyperlipidemia effectively. Following a suitable diet by minimizing the intake of saturated fats and trans fats in your food and performing some physical activities and exercises daily can help you regulate your lipid levels and stay fit. So, if you are wondering what you should eat and what you should not, think no further. Keep reading to learn all about it.
11 Helpful Tips To Reduce Your High Cholesterol Levels:
Here are some beneficial and lifestyle tips to minimize our high cholesterol.
- Do include a good amount of fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
- Include foods containing soluble fiber in your regular diet. Here are some recommendations.
- Eat fishes which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid. For example:
- Have legume and bean-rich meals twice a week. Add these beans and legumes to your meals.
- Kidney beans
- Reduce the intake of red meat and dairy food items made with whole milk. Choose to devour fat-free dairy products that are available these days.
- Try to have almonds and walnuts in a small quantity 5 times a week.
- Improve the quality and quantity of your fat intake.
- Avoid deep-fried items.
- Limit your sugar and alcohol intake.
- Make sure you work out at least for 30-40 minutes daily.
- Restrict the intake of candies, sweets, chocolate, and bakery items.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Cooking The Food:
Here are some tips which can help you cook and have food by minimizing its fats content.
- Refrigerate soups, stews, and milk and skim off the fat when solid.
- Cook food without adding any fat or oil. Instead, prefer to grill, steam, roast, bake, or do the barbecue.
- Add flavors by using herbs and spices more, such as garlic, lemon, ginger, etc.
- Minimize deep-frying while cooking.
- Spray just a little oil to make food not that sticky.
Following a healthy diet and performing exercises daily will regulate and balance your cholesterol levels, and this, in turn, will ensure a low risk of developing obesity, heart diseases, and arterial block diseases. Eat healthy food and stay healthy.
- Written by Dr. Vinay Ram, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah
+ There are no commentsAdd yours