How To Effectively Use This Lockdown Period For Health Care
Due to the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, we all are facing the challenge of being lockdown. Most of us, after learning the global news of the catastrophic coronavirus, may get disturbed. Scrolling down your phone and watching the news channels can create anxiety and stress for you. However, you can avoid anxiety and stress easily. Have you ever thought about how positively we can use this time for self-care? Well, if not, let’s have a look at some simple steps to safeguard the health and maintain good and stable physical and emotional well-being.
Everyone may get anxious thinking that by sitting at home we are raising the possibilities for weight gain. So, let’s see how we can work to maintain a stable healthy weight by following a good diet, practicing exercises, and lifestyle changes. Also, let’s see how to be stable physically and emotionally in this situation.
- Follow a Healthy & Nutritious Diet:
Here are some healthy foods which you should include in your regular diet when at home.
- Fruits: Instead of fried and packed food items, eat fruits as your snacks. You can have fresh apples, berries, pomegranates, watermelons, and other fruits. They not only help you to beat the summer heat but also provides you good nutrients.
- Vegetables: Include fresh vegetables, such as carrot, leafy green vegetables, beetroot, and other veggies, in your regular diet
- Protein-Rich Foods: Add foods that are abundant in proteins to your diet. They include soybeans, lentils, nuts, sprouts, and eggs.
- Foods Having Unsaturated Fats: Eat healthy foods that contain unsaturated fats. They include salmon, nuts, such as peanuts, almonds, and cashews, olive oil.
- Gluten-free Grains: Try to avoid maida and wheat. Prefer gluten-free grains, such as jowar, ragi, bajra, millets, and oats, in your diet.
- Milk and Milk Products: Go for skimmed and low-fat milk than going for plain yogurt and buttermilk.
- Practice Physical Exercises:
Maintaining a healthy diet alone will not work. Being physically active is also very important. Here are some exercises which you can perform at home during the lockdown.
- Walking in your living rooms or the available spaces at home helps to maintain the movement of your body,
- Climb stairs and getting down
- Practise exercises, such as squats and planks.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
- Practice Yoga and Meditation:
Mental health is equally important as is your physical health. There are the chances of getting frustrated and irritated easily by continuously sitting at home, particularly for the younger age-group individuals. Older age-group may turn anxious learning the news of coronavirus disease. So, we should learn to be emotionally and mentally stable.
- Practice breathing exercises (Pranayama) and other basic yoga exercises
- Practice meditation every day
- Have Adequate Sleep at the Right Time:
Getting good sleep is also very important. Try to avoid late-night television watching, playing games, and online web channels. Sleep early and get up early.
- Maintain Good Hygiene:
In the current circumstances, maintaining good hygiene is very important. Here are some helpful tips to maintain good hygiene during the lockdown.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and nose frequently.
- Keep your house and premises clean,
- Use a face mask whenever you are stepping out of the house
- Avoid shaking hands whenever you meet someone.
Following all these health tips will help you maintain good health during the lockdown span. So, make sure you follow them and enjoy a healthy and happy life.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours