Genital Herpes – A Tricky Virus: Signs, Symptoms, & Homeopathic Treatment Approach
Genital herpes results due to the herpes simplex virus (HSV) and is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. Most often, the infection of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) causes Genital herpes, but type 1 (HSV-1) can also cause this disease.
In an individual with genital herpes, the virus enters through the skin, travels along the nerve paths, and remain in a dormant stage in the bundle of nerves at the base of the spine.
One might notice symptoms within a few days to a couple of weeks, after the initial contact. Or, one may not experience an initial outbreak of symptoms until months or even years after becoming infected. Once the virus reactivates, it travels the nerve paths to the surface of the skin causing an outbreak.
An affected person can experience outbreaks in genitals, upper thighs, and buttocks as the nerves in these areas are connected. Genital herpes affected areas include penis, scrotum, testicles, vulva, buttocks or anus, or thighs.
Symptoms Of Genital Herpes:
People may experience the following symptoms when suffering from genital herpes.
- Small blisters or lesions: Typical symptoms of genital herpes are sores, vesicles, or ulcers – all of which can also be called ‘lesions’. (‘lesion’ is any break or irregularity in the skin.) Most often, lesions appear as blisters on or around the genitals. Small blisters (fluid-filled bumps) develop that eventually break open and form raw, painful sores that scab and heal over within a few days or weeks.
- Red, raw, cracked areas or rashes around genitals with or without pain.
- Itching, tingling, or the discomforting sensation of pins and needles in genitals or anal region are other symptoms of this condition.
- Some people may experience flu-like symptoms which include fever and swollen glands, particularly in the lymph nodes near the groin.
- Burning sensation while urinating, painful urination a frequent desire to pass the urine can also affect the infected individual. One may also experience a burning sensation during intercourse. In women, urinary tract infections are common due to genital herpes. One may also notice an abnormal discharge while urinating.
- Genital herpes can cause a headache, sore back, muscle aches, and a general sick feeling.
- Besides physical discomfort, an HSV infection can be a psychological stressor and interfere with a person’s sense of security and intimacy. It strikes fear and may ruin a relationship. It affects a person’s self-esteem and creates anxiety.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
The number of outbreaks of the blisters varies from person to person. The average number outbreaks or recurrence of lesions a person with genital HSV-2 may develop is four to five per year.
The symptoms of genital herpes may recur during the times of emotional stress or illness because, during these times, the body’s immune system may be less effective to suppress the virus and may be unable to keep it in an inactive form. Other symptom triggers include during the menstruation, sexual intercourse, due to surgery, trauma, and fatigue.
Preventive Care For Genital Herpes:
- Avoid sex if you or your partner has an outbreak or an active infection of herpes.
- Avoid touching the active blisters or sore.
- Use a latex condom, even when sores are not visible.
- Go for water-based lubricant to prevent friction during sex, which can irritate the skin and increase the risk of outbreaks.
Homeopathic Treatment Approach For Genital Herpes:
The goal of homeopathic treatment is to reduce the number of outbreaks and to lessen the symptoms, as there is no cure for herpes. Homeopathic medicines have antiviral properties, and they can reduce the outbreaks, help in a speedy recovery, and can keep the virus in the dormant (inactive) state. The constitutionally selected the homeopathic treatment for genital herpes is administered orally, and it helps inner healing and treats the recurring, chronic infection successfully and safely without any side-effects.
So, if you happen to suffer from genital herpes any time, count on homeopathy without a second thought.
- Written by Dr. Mithila K, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah (M.D.)
+ There are no commentsAdd yours