Homeopathy – An Effective Alternative Treatment for Frequent Cold
People happen to catch a cold often either as a viral infection or allergic reaction. Though catching a cold may sound common, it’s quite a discomforting condition and hampers our routine life and health. Dealing with the cold can be quite troublesome, particularly if it occurs frequently. Frequent cold happens to affect our productivity and general health negatively. So, you might be wondering how to deal with it effectively without hampering your health, aren’t you? Fortunately, you have homeopathy at your rescue. Keep reading to learn all about the common cold and how homeopathy can help.
Symptoms of Common Cold:
Some of the symptoms of a frequent cold or common cold are:
- A runny nose
- Sore throat
- Pounding headache
- Cough & wheezing
- Blocked nose in certain cases
- Feeling feverish
- Watery and itchy eyes
- Repetitive sneezing
The common cold might occur due to low immunity and can further affect the health of the person adversely, particularly if it affects a child. When the body fights against bacteria, viruses, and other external influencers, the immune system can show symptoms of the common cold and fever in response to the attack against the allergens. However, those who are already having weak immunity can suffer in the long run as the immune system loses its capacity to fight against the recurring cold. Generally, people opt for home remedies to treat frequent colds or choose over-the-counter antibiotics or antiallergens. However, when the cold is due to genetic or allergic reasons, it gets difficult to manage.
It is always effective to consider an alternative treatment for the common cold such as homeopathy. Homeopathy works on the root cause of the frequent recurrence of the common cold, be it due to any reason. The common causes of frequent cold are:
- The low immunity of the patient
- Allergic reactions
- Genetic tendencies
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Changes in the weather
- Asthma or other underlying respiratory diseases
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Why Choose Homeopathy to Treat the Frequent Cold?
Most often stress, erratic sleeping patterns, poor lifestyle choices, and certain medications weaken the functioning of the immune system. Also, at times, pollens, dust, pet hair, dust, artificial food preservatives, and certain other food items, such as cold drinks, may trigger the common cold. The physical evaluation and examination help in diagnosing the condition. Also, the professional homeopath may ask you a few questions related to your emotional or psychological aspects or any other underlying diseases to treat your common cold more effectively.
Homeopathy works on the principle that the body heals itself. So, a homeopathic doctor takes an effort to strengthen the immune system of the patient. The frequency and intensity of the common cold are reduced by developing and prescribing an effective treatment for the specific patient after considering his particular previous and current medications if any, other underlying conditions, and psychological & emotional wellbeing. The treatment works without any side effects even for children. Homeopathic treatment works on strengthening the immune system so much so that the patient does not have to depend on conventional treatment and medications for the long term.
Homeopathic treatment is individualized to help the patient experience the best results. Visible changes and effects of homeopathic treatment in the patient with the common cold can be observed in six to eight weeks. Following the homeopathic treatment for frequent colds regularly for the recommended span helps in minimizing the frequency of the common cold. Thus, it offers you immense relief for a long span. Also, homeopathy causes no dependency on homeopathic remedies and is completely safe. So, you can opt for it without any concerns.
Lifestyle Changes to Get Relief from Frequent Cold:
Some lifestyle changes could be made to treat the symptoms of the frequent cold. Here are some lifestyle modifications that can help minimize the frequent cold and enable you to experience immense relief.
- Eat homemade foods rich of vitamins and minerals as it strengthens your immune system, thereby boosting your immunity.
- General hygienic practices and cleanliness must be practiced to avoid the possible chances of allergens catching you up.
- You should be cautious and avoid dust, pollen, pet hair, smoke, and other exposure to the allergens.
- One can go for home remedies as well along with homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms of the common cold.
- Have warm soups to soothe the throat lining.
- Ginger slices can be boiled in the water and that can be given to the patient to ease the cough and nauseated feeling that is associated with the common cold.
- Honey has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that suppress the cough and heal the throat region, thereby providing great relief in the common cold. However, refrain from giving honey to a child who is less than 1 year of age as his/her immune system isn’t developed enough to fight back the spores in honey.
- Fruits that are rich in Vitamin C, such as lemon and oranges, must be consumed to boost immunity. Also, having warm lemonade with honey will help in obtaining relief.
- Probiotics packed foods, such as milk and curd, should be consumed as they not only serve as a source of protein and calcium but also helps in improving the immune system
- The patient must have warm water with salt-gargle to soothe his/her throat.
Although these home remedies and lifestyle changes can help ease the symptoms of the frequent common cold, it is always advisable that the patient should consult a professional homeopath and receive the best customized homeopathic treatment. This helps to treat the health condition from the root and minimize its chances of recurrence. Also, homeopathy is safe and causes no adverse effects. So, you can count on homeopathy any time to frequent colds and improve your overall well-being.
Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly. Click here
+ There are no commentsAdd yours