Have you ever wondered what the sweet-tasting white homeopathic pills are made of? How was the homeopathic system of medicine originated and developed? How homeopathy is different from modern medicine? If you have these questions in your mind, keep reading to learn all about them.
Homeopathy and modern medicine both are quite famous for treating a range of ailments. Both the systems of medicine have their own scope and limitation. Let’s have a look at it.
Homeopathy originated in the year 1796 during the Hahnemannian era. It uses nano-pharmacological science to prepare homeopathic remedies. The homeopathic medicines are based on principles that consider human being’s body and physiological functions and abnormalities along with the tendency and 3 major sources of miasms.
Homeopathic medicines are also based on certain principles wherein a human being’s bodily functions and pathological conditions, as well as symptoms, are treated. On the other hand, modern medicines are based on the principles which govern phytochemical & pharmacokinetics.
Homeopathic remedies are derived from the plant kingdom, animal kingdom, vegetable kingdom, and also healthy and unhealthy secretions, which are extracted and potentized and are prepared in the form via which the medicines enter the body and travel to different layers of the body, typically the cells, tissues, and organs on which they are expected to act.
Have you ever thought about what principles the homeopathic system of medicines is based on?
Seven principles are used in the homeopathic system of medicine, and they are:
- Law of Similia: Law of similia means like cures like, the disease can be cured by a medicine which in healthy people can produce a condition that resembles the disease.
- Law of Simplex: It is the second cardinal principle in homeopathy which governs that a single & simple remedy is homeopathically prescribed and administered at one time, and it can treat the disease effectively.
- Law of Minimum: This law suggests that the lower the dosage the more is its effectiveness in treating the diseases.
- Doctrine of Drug Proving: Doctrine of drug proving means that the homeopathic medicines are put for trials on healthy humans and the symptoms are observed and documented accordingly.
- Theory of Chronic Diseases: According to this principle, some diseases have recurrence & a tendency to re-appear, and these can be chronic diseases. The factors which also contribute to maintaining these chronic conditions are auto-immune disease, stress, and an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Theory of Vital Force: Homeopathic system of medicine believes in the existence of an essential force that governs the harmony of functions of the body & determines the state of health.
- Doctrine of Drug Dynamization: This principle explains the preparation of homeopathic medicines through drug dynamization and processes by which the latent properties of the crude drugs which are used in homeopathy helps in extracting the curative properties.
These are laws under which the homeopathic medicines are prepared, and they are made in such a way that the individual as a whole is approached while receiving treatment with homeopathy.
Have you wondered why Homeopathic medicines have no side effects?
Let me enlighten you regarding the usage of certain processes of preparation of homeopathic medicines, and they being:
- Trituration and
These are processes by which the homeopathic medicines are prepared. Homeopathic medicines are known as pearls of healing. Also, these are medicines that act on the microscopic levels.
Now, let’s have a glance at the 3 aspects by which a human body is governed and which play an important role in determining the person’s overall individuality, genetic history, family history, and the mechanism in which the patient reacts to a certain form of stimulus which can be external as well as an internal stimulus.
In the homeopathic system of medicine, 3 main miasms govern an individual, and they being Psora, Syphilis, and Sycosis.
- Psora: Psora means a disposition to a diseased condition.
- Syphilis: Syphilis means destruction, which can occur in any form of the disease and at any stage.
- Sycosis: It is known as accumulation or overgrowth in various aspects, such as mental, physical, and emotional.
The best system of medicine is the one that promotes a wide range of healing of an individual and helps the individual to live a healthier life physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Now let’s have a look at how modern medicine is different and how homeopathy is beneficial.
Modern medicine is a science that uses medicines made up of chemicals extracted from the active ingredients from the substance and using them individually or in combination. Sometimes, the active ingredients are synthetically made. On the other hand, homeopathic remedies are made from natural sources. So, homeopathic medicines are not just effective but also safe and cause no adverse effects.
Modern medicines are no doubt efficient in treating several major systems such as medicines that are required during surgeries, cardiac conditions, cancer, stroke, and a few other major emergency conditions. They have been treating humanity to a certain extent in which they are benefitted. However, modern medicines have their own scope & limitations.
Modern medicines seek a fighting mechanism of the body by attacking symptoms rather than the disease. This system of medicine treats the patient according to the disease. On the other hand, homeopathy addresses the root cause of the disease and treats the patient as a whole. It promotes the innate healing powers of the patient from within.
A homeopathic doctor always considers and understands the patients holistically. The best physician is the one who considers the mind, body, and soul. Homeopathy is thus the system of medicine, which heals the patient as a whole in all the strata of human life.
So, if you are suffering from any chronic or acute condition and wish to receive a natural, gentle, and safe treatment, opt for homeopathic treatment without a second thought. Heal smoothly and safely and enjoy a healthy, happy life with homeopathy.
- Written by Dr. Anjali Singh, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah