The most common type of arthritis that impacts the quality of life of millions of people globally is osteoarthritis. This disorder develops when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of your bones deteriorates over time. So, you need to diagnose the condition and treat it as early as possible to mitigate the progression of the condition.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
The following are some of the most common osteoarthritis symptoms:
- Your joint may hurt while moving or afterward.
- When you apply light pressure to your joint, it may feel tender.
- Joint stiffness is most obvious when you first get up in the morning or after a period of inactivity.
- Difficulty or inability to move your joint through its whole potential range of motion.
- When you use the joint, you may hear or feel a grating sensation.
- Bone spurs are extra fragments of bone that form around the injured joint and feel like hard lumps.
- Swelling, warmth, and creaking of the afflicted joints are all possible.
Osteoarthritis results due to the deterioration of the cartilage, which cushions the edges of your bones in your joints, over time. Cartilage is a tough, slick tissue that allows for practically frictionless joint mobility. If the cartilage fully goes away, the bone will scrape against the bone. Osteoarthritis is often considered a painful condition resulting due to the wear and tear of the joints. It happens to alter the bone and deteriorate the connective tissues which play a crucial role in holding the joint together and connecting muscle to bone. It also causes joint lining irritation. Osteoarthritis pain and incapacities can cause depression and sleep problems.
The likelihood of developing osteoarthritis rises with age. The reason why women are more likely to get osteoarthritis than males is unknown. Carrying additional bodyweight leads to osteoarthritis in various ways, and the more you weigh, the more likely you are to get it. Weight gain strains weight-bearing joints such as your hips and knees.
Furthermore, adipose tissue generates proteins that can cause severe inflammation in and around your joints. Injuries, such as those sustained while participating in sports or as a result of an accident, can increase the risk of osteoarthritis. Even injuries that had occurred years back and appear to have healed can raise your risk of osteoarthritis.
Treatment Options for Osteoarthritis Include:
There prevail several treatment options for osteoarthritis; they are listed below
- Weight management
- Rest and joint care are essential
- Pain management without the use of drugs
- Alternative and complementary therapies
Homeopathy for Osteoarthritis
Homeopathy provides complete relief from various osteoarthritis symptoms naturally, gently, and safely without any side effects. The medicine can aid pain management and help improve joint mobility. After starting homeopathy treatment, most patients feel a reduction in pain and stiffness and experience better joint mobility. The majority of them have noticed an overall improvement in their health. Because OA is a degenerative disorder, it may be impossible to reverse the changes that have already occurred at the microscopic level in the joints, but it is possible to reduce the condition’s progression.
Homeopathy for Osteoarthritis can also prevent complications developing due to osteoarthritis, such as:
- The degradation of cartilage occurs quickly and completely resulting in loose tissue material in the joint (chondrolysis).
- Death of bones tissues (osteonecrosis)
- Fractures from stress (hairline crack in the bone that develops gradually in response to repeated injury or stress)
- The tendons and ligaments that surround the joints deteriorate or break causing instability
- Nerve compression (in osteoarthritis of the spine)
Homeopathy Treatment for Osteoarthritis
If the patient is treated in the early stages of the disease, homeopathic medications work effectively and provide complete healing, however most patients see a homeopathic physician later on. Despite this, homeopathy is a viable alternative for treating osteoarthritis symptoms. Bryonia, Rhustoxicodendron, Belladonna, Calcaria carbonicum, and other osteoarthritis homeopathic treatments are among the most widely utilized. Homeopathic remedies can assist to relieve pain, edema, and stiffness, and enhance joint mobility. It also slows or stops the disease from progressing. The following are some of the best homeopathic treatments for osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Bryonia Alba is one of the most effective homeopathic treatments for joint pain that worsens with movement and improves with rest. The pains that are linked to joint swelling and stiffness and make you experience difficulty while mounting the stairs indicate this medicine. The pains turn worse with the slightest movement and improve with rest, pressure, or resting on the afflicted side.
- Calcarea Carbonica is used to treat arthritis that causes swelling and pain while rising from a seated posture. It helps treat people having joints that are achy and chilly. It’s best suitable for obese people who become tired easily when they exert themselves. Cold, dampness, and weakness or cramping in the extremities aggravate complaints.
- Rhus Toxicodendron is one of the most effective and widely given homeopathic remedies for arthritis. It is used to treat pains that worsen with movement, such as rising from a seated posture. At first, this soothes muscular and joint problems and the joint and muscle relief and functions are afterward improved by slow motion. The joints have a lot of rigidity. The pain is exacerbated by rest, temperature changes, particularly cold, moist weather, and first motion. Warmth and motion help relieve pain.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans is used to treat arthritis that causes muscle stiffness and cramps. Pains that shift from one joint to the next in an unpredictable manner indicate this homeopathic treatment. When the hips and knees are affected, this medicine is beneficial. Warmth exacerbates symptoms, while cold alleviates them.
- Ruta graveolens is used to treat arthritis that causes severe stiffness and lameness, which is exacerbated by cold and damp conditions and physical activity. When the tendons and capsules of the joints are affected, this homeopathic medicine is quite beneficial. Overuse and repeated wear and tear cause joint pain. It’s also used to treat arthritis resulting due to trauma. Joints are aching, limp, and bruised. With frequent movement, there is a lot of restlessness.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that progressively develops and causes chronic pain frequently. If you have Osteoarthritis and thinking of opting for homeopathy treatment for osteoarthritis, always start your treatment by consulting an experienced and knowledgeable homeopathic practitioner who treats and knows the ways address the condition accurately. So, to improve your relief and quality of life when dealing with osteoarthritis, count on homeopathy without a second thought.