Surprised!! It is obvious and hard to believe that this small neglected fruit can prevent cancer. Banana is a great super food which provides us with energy, makes us feel full and provides our bodies with the needed essential nutrients. They are rich in a high amount of fibers, vitamins and natural sugars such as fructose and sucrose.
Banana may be the most disliked fruit around the world, but this fruit is the top consumed fruit in the USA. When you purchase bananas, they last for a short time say for a week or so. After some days black spots appear on them. When they grow more old the banana turns black. We think that they are now rotten we and just throw them away. But you will be surprised to know that black is not always bad; these dark patches are not a sign of rotting but something very different.
This is the sign which shows that the bananas actually ripen and more spots appear the better for you. The brown spots represent the tumor necrosis factor (TNF). This is a cancer-fighting substance that assists in fighting against abnormal cells in the body. This tumor necrosis factor helps the communication between the cells in our immune system, guides the movements of the cells towards the area in our bodies that are inflamed or infected.
A recent research showed that TNF from bananas can stop tumor cell growth and spread causing apoptosis or cell death.
If you eat two bananas per day for two months this is how it will benefit you in other ways also;
– Prevent infections: Bananas are packed with high levels of antioxidants which strengthen the immune system and increase the white cells count. Hence, the body can fight out infections.
– Blood pressure: They are high in potassium but does not contain sodium, thus they are excellent for the heart. They lower the blood pressure and prevents heart attacks or strokes.
– Heartburn: This disturbing condition can be relieved in a minute due to the fruit’s natural anti-acid properties. Hence, if you start feeling the symptoms eat a banana and you will momentarily feel better.
– Anemia: Anemic people can be benefited by introducing bananas in their diets. Banana has few traces of iron and stimulates the production of hemoglobin.
– Perfect source of Energy: Have two bananas before you work out. They are a great pre-workout snack as they contain minerals, vitamins and are low in glycemic carbs. this increases your endurance, while high levels of potassium prevent muscle cramps.
– Depression: Bananas being high in tryptophan which gets converted into serotonin after digestion can fight depression. Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that makes us feel happy, relaxed and brings a positive change in our mood. So, in case you feel low, eat one banana and you will feel much better.
– Ulcers: Banana is a perfect fruit for this condition as they are soft, mushy and protect the stomach lining from irritation of the acid.
– Temperature control: Yes, Banana has a thermometer in itself. This fruit lowers the body temperature and cools you off. So, having a fever? have a banana.
– Premenstrual syndrome: In case you feel stressed out, take a banana as it regulates the blood sugar level and is rich in vitamin B which calms the nervous system, making you relaxed.
– Constipation: The fibers that banana contain are beneficial for those who suffer from constipation as they stimulate bowel movement and relieve the symptoms.
So go bananas on this yellow superfood.
If anyone reading this blog finds any of your friend or relative suffering from Cancer do let us know your feedback in the section below. We are here to help you if you have any queries related to Cancer. Feel free to get in touch with Dr. Rajesh Shah’s associate doctors at Life Force Homeopathy. You may write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +91-22-66888888.
– Written by Dr. Kanchan Gohil, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah, Life Force team