Are you battling an undiagnosed chronic muscular pain and tiredness? Are you not experiencing long-lasting relief despite doing all the tests and taking the painkillers and Multivitamins? If yes, you might be suffering from Fibromyalgia. Even though you may not find permanent relief in this condition with any medicinal drug, making some changes to your regular diet and lifestyle can go a long way in providing you immense and long-lasting relief. And, if you are wondering what fibromyalgia is and what changes you should make to your diet and lifestyle to obtain relief in the discomforts resulting due to fibromyalgia, keep reading to learn all about it.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is the condition that causes widespread muscular and joint pains in the body. It may cause other symptoms, such as fatigue, sleeplessness, irritability, and mood swings. This condition is hard to diagnose as there are no specific tests that confirm it.
The detailed analysis of the symptoms of a patient can only lead to the diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
The long-standing disease can be emotionally challenging for the suffering person, and it may make them suffer from frustration and depression.
Having the painkillers can only give you some temporary relief. However, the treatment that you give to your body daily by changing your lifestyle and diet will help you to manage the condition easily and significantly. Let’s see what changes we can make on our daily routine and diet.
Diet Tips for Fibromyalgia Patients to Follow:
Here are some healthy diet tips which can help you obtain relief when battling fibromyalgia.
- Maintaining a gluten-free and anti-inflammatory diet will be helpful.
- Take more fruits and vegetables.
- Have dry fruits, nuts, and seeds including Almonds in your diet.
- Eat dark leafy vegetables.
- Add more foods that are abundant in Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet: Corns and beetroot, Broccoli
- Consume more vegetarian food, and avoid taking red meat completely.
- Add more foods that are abundant in antioxidants to your diet: Orange, apricot, watermelon, and papaya
- Limit the use of dairy products.
- Avoid wheat and use grains, such as ragi, millet, Rice flour, and Oats.
- Avoid processed foods and have fresh foods.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners and flavored foods.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Lifestyle Tips for Fibromyalgia Patients to Follow:
- Exercise daily: Doing exercises daily will help to reduce your pain. Don’t try vigorous exercises when you have excessive pain. In the beginning, try slow and mild exercises and, then, gradually you can improve it. Walking, swimming and cycling are also good exercises which you can practice.
- Warm application and body massage: Massaging your body by applying warm oil and taking a hot water bath will help your muscles to relax.
- Manage your stress levels: Try to relax by practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing and meditation, daily. Stress and anxiety will make your problems worse. By effectively managing your stress, you are effectively managing your health.
- Enjoy a good, refreshing sleep: Sleeplessness is a major issue faced by the patients of fibromyalgia. Maintain and follow a fixed timing for your sleep. Avoid watching movies or scrolling social media before you are going to sleep. Relax, meditate, and then go to sleep.
- Pursue physical activities and hobbies: Keep yourself active always by doing daily household works, playing outdoor games, and engaging in activities, such as gardening.
- Follow therapies and treatments: Acupuncture and cognitive behavioral therapy are also effective treatments that can help you obtain relief in Fibromyalgia.
Homeopathy is strongly recommended for this condition, as homeopathic medicines can give long-lasting solutions for the physical and mental discomforts to the person suffering from fibromyalgia. Homeopathy is not only highly effective in treating and alleviating the condition but also is a natural treatment and safe without any side-effects.
Now that you know how modifying your diet and lifestyle and following homeopathy can help you obtain relief in fibromyalgia, make sure that you follow them and opt for homeopathy to enjoy a healthy and happy life.
- Written by Dr. Athira W., Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah