Menopause is a physiological function of the body, which comes in the life of every female. Menopause is that period when the ovaries cease the formation of ovum (egg) and marks the end of a woman’s fertility. The average age when you may notice signs of menopause is when you are in your 40s, though it may be anytime between 45 years to 55 years. If you do not experience spotting for 12 months at a stretch, it means you have officially reached menopause.
Before the production of the ovum stops completely, there is a phase where there is irregular functioning of female reproductive system. Your periods may become longer or shorter and you may experience multiple symptoms like hot flashes, sleep troubles etc. This peri – menopausal phase is a challenging period for a female, but there are many ways to overcome this stress.
Some common signs of Menopause are:
- Hot flushes
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Extreme fatigue – mentally and physically
- Irregular bleeding which is very unpredictable – this is one of the major causes of concern and frustration for females
- Night sweats
- Loss of sexual drive
Here are some signs of Menopause which often go unnoticed:
- Vaginal dryness with itching and irritation
- Painful intercourse
- Frequent UTI
- Difficulty in controlling urination
Hey ladies, your genes play a vital role which is unavoidable. The age at which you go into menopause is more or less similar to the age at which your mother had her menopause. But this is not the only factor.
Certain other factors play a role in deciding when you will go into menopause:
- Smoking tends to damage your ovaries and reach menopause earlier.
- Chemotherapy may cause you to go into a temporary menopause or go into menopause earlier by 1-2 years.
- Undergoing Ovarian Surgeries makes you more prone to cause damage to the healthy tissue of your ovaries
Certain lifestyle changes can help you tackle menopausal syndrome better:
- Use of vaginal lubricants for dryness
- Have a healthy and good fiber rich food in your diet
- Channelize your energy away from negative thoughts to your hobbies
- Good sleep is very essential
Homeopathy is your healing friend to deal with symptoms of menopause:
Hormonal Replacement Therapy is an option offered to women suffering from symptoms of menopause. However, long term usage of hormonal therapy is not without its side effects.
So it is very important to adopt a safe treatment that gives long lasting results.
Homeopathy is known to treat the disease from the roots and restore the hormonal balance in the body. Homeopathic medicine is best used in the transition period in order to cure the accompanying symptoms.
Lots of patients have benefitted from homoeopathic treatment at LifeForce for their signs of menopause. Contact us today to know how your menopausal symptoms can be helped!