Do you are experiencing any of the symptoms like abdominal pain, burning sensation in stomach, constant nausea, burping, weight loss, then you might have a stomach ulcer!!!
To know how and what exactly causes stomach ulcer. You should first know the basics of Stomach ulcers and the reason behind it
What is stomach ulcer and what causes it ?
Stomach ulcer are the sores in the lining of the upper intestinal tract which is mostly cause by bacteria called H. Pylori. The problem is that most of the people do not know how to treat it.
Warning signal for stomach ulcer!!!
The most common warning signs that you may have a stomach ulcer is a burning sensation or pain in the middle of your abdomen between your chest and navel. In most cases you will feel this pain more intensely when your stomach is empty. The pain can last from few minutes to several hours. The stomach pain reduces when you eat, drink or take antacids.
Red alert that you have a stomach ulcer !!!
You may feel there is loss of appetite due to stomach pain further leading to weight loss. Often you have not eaten but your stomach feels full, this condition is called bloating. There may be feeling of nausea and vomiting and frequent burping. You may experience burning sensation in chest along with acid reflux, then all these symptoms give a warning signal for stomach ulcers.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment,
click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Top 10 symptoms of stomach ulcer !!!
The symptoms of stomach ulcers may vary from person to persons, making it difficult to identify without medical help. Some common symptoms of ulcers are:
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss
- Burning or dull pain in stomach
- Constant burping
- Frequent feeling of hungry
Complications of stomach ulcer
Poor diet, poor lifestyle, smoking, alcohol, bacterial infection, regular use of anti-inflammatory drugs like Aspirin can more be a threat. In day to day everyone deals with high level of mental stress that can cause stomach ulcers. Due to excess acids in the stomach, toxins and bacterial activity, all these damages the stomach linings causing ulcers. They are not only painful but at the same time can cause complications. If the underlying causes are not properly treated then it can lead some serious medical complications. These complications include black tarry stool, bloody vomiting, infection in abdominal cavity, anaemia, obstructed digestion.
An eye opener : TOP 7 ways to healthy gut !!!
Healthy gut is sign of healthy body and great immune system .
In case stomach ulcers you can treat ulcers naturally and effectively.
- Eat smaller meals – As consuming smaller meals can improve enzymes and gastric function overall
- Eat nutrient dense foods – Food is to be eaten to prevent gastritis, in irritating the stomach lining.
- Food includes package food, processed food, spicy food and fried food should be strictly avoided.
- Skipping regular meals and eating once or twice a day, can make this matter even worse. This keeps the stomach acids occupied with little bit of food. Eating snacks that fresh fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Stay away from spicy food because stomach ulcers get worse. Some food like coffee, red peppers, alcohol, citrus fruits, tomato products, fried food, black pepper, carbonated beverages.
- Stay away from ulcer causing medications. As some people with any age depends on certain medicines for longer period of time have risk of developing stomach ulcers especially you are taking NSAIDs. Some people take medicines everyday to control their pain such as headache, arthritis or may be cold, joint pain, infection, etc. so be careful. If you are taking NSAIDs then it is very important to ask your doctor whether these drugs causing stomach ulcers formations. But some medications do also help in the production of mucous in the stomach that protects the stomach lining to get in the acid introduce. If you do not have mucous protecting your stomach, you have a great risk of becoming an ulcer patient. You might reduce your acidity with antacid, which ease the pain temporarily and making the underlying issue resolved.
- Managing stress is very important, though stress alone cannot lead to stomach ulcers but definitely put a role in stomach ulcers. People with high level of anxiety and stress are higher than normal rate ulcer formation. They are prone to infection from H.pylori making the condition worse. Another thing stress does is it weakens the immune system and also worsens digestion making people sick with microbes and bacteria you are ingesting. So, try to relax, go for walk, try to do some exercise, meditation, yoga, try to get good night sleep. However, all these can make a difference in reducing your stress levels.
BEST OF 8 NATURAL HOME REMEDIES for STOMACH ULCERS
Cabbage juice is a very good natural remedy for stomach ulcers. It has antioxidants which can kill H.Pylori infections, this is bacteria is commonest to cause stomach ulcers. Taking 1 litre of cabbage per day will help in relieving the complaints.
Licorice root – It is being recognised for digestive and helps in healing gastritis and ulcers in the stomach. Its roots have anti-ulcer components, anti-inflammatory, anti- allergic properties, which helps in healing process and assist in reducing ulcer related pain.
Ginger– This herb has antioxidants, anti- inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It has one of the three important components in nature which can eliminate H.Pylori, the other two herbs are nutmeg and rosemerry. Gingers helps in treating gastritis, acid reflux, nausea and motion sickness. Researchers have also found that ginger gives a soothing effect in gastritis or even in nausea.
Combination of vitamin and herbs – The best beneficial vitamin for ulcers are vitamin C, Vitamin B12. Daily intake of vitamin food is excellent for overall health.
Garlic– It has antibacterial healing properties. Eating 2-3 cloves of crushes garlic during meal helps in easing the inflammation of stomach and inhibit growth of H.Pylori.
Apple cider vinegar– Drinking 2 teaspoon of apple cidar vinegar in one glass of warm water and honey together, drink the mixture once a day. It helps in treating ulcers and relieving pain.
Turmeric– Daily intake of turmeric helps in healing ulcers due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can also prevent damage from H.Pylori infections and protect stomach against irritants.
Probiotics- Can speed ulcer healing time by promoting the formation of new blood vessels, which transport healing nutrients to the cell. It also help in balancing the bacteria in the body and reduces the effects of H.Pylori.