Asthma is very common health condition among the children. It is a chronic health condition that affects the airways or air tubes that goes to lungs. Asthma affects both children and adults, even though it is more common among children because the airways or air tubes in kids are smaller as compared to the adults. So, it becomes more difficult to manage asthma in children than in adults.
If a child is suffering from asthma, it’s very difficult for his or her parents to see the there dear child suffering from the intense discomfort of asthma. Asthma in kids often makes the parents of the affected children worry constantly. The parents are often concerned whether their asthmatic child is doing good in school or whether the kid is facing any discomfort when outside the house or not. So, following some precautionary measures for your child can help minimize your kid’s discomfort resulting due to asthma.
- The most important as parents you should know is what exactly are triggering factors for the symptoms of asthma affecting your child so that you can take necessary precautions to prevent the triggers, such as cold, pollen grains, and fumes. For instance, your child suffers from an asthma attack after coming in contact with pollen grains, make sure your child always stays away from them.
- Keep your child’s medication handy, if he gets an acute attack then you can provide the first aid to him immediately.
- Don’t stop your kid’s medication in between as per your wish without the advice of a doctor.
- Try to keep your house dust-free. The toys of a child should be cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Do not allow your pet to enter your child’s bedroom, as animal fur and dander also trigger asthma in kids.
- Stop your child from going out in the monsoons and windy weather. In the rainy season, pollens are present in the air and this can be one of the triggers for asthma in kids.
- Don’t smoke when your child is nearby. Avoid using candles or material which creates fumes.
- Keep your bathroom dry and ventilated properly so that your child will not suffocate.
- Parents must inform school authorities so that during the acute episode the teacher can help your child with first aid. Your child’s school bag must have an emergency medication.
- Last, but not the least, don’t forget to educate your child how to handle asthma-related symptoms in your absence.
Even though you will find all these above precautions highly beneficial and effective to minimize the discomfort of asthma in kids, for complete recovery from asthma, you can count on homeopathy. Homeopathy can help reduce the asthmatic tendency of your child safely, without any side-effects. So, get in touch with us, if your child happens to suffer from asthma anytime, to help your kid get quick relief from the discomfort with the right homeopathic treatment.
-Written by Dr. Ishwari, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah