Headache is one of the discomforting conditions which hampers your routine and quality of life adversely. Several causes are responsible for a headache, and the treatment for headaches varies according to the cause. If headache results due to some illness then it’s likely to go away once the underlying condition is treated. However, most headaches are severe and the use of over the counter painkillers may help obtain relief from them. But, consuming too many painkillers is not a solution for a headache as it may lead to various side-effects. Also, there lies a possibility that, in treating the headache, the medicine may not work. However, certain measures and therapies can help you in the long run. Read on to learn all about it.
20 Prevention Tips To Avoid Headaches:
Here is a list of beneficial tips and techniques which can help you relieve the discomforting headache.
- The biofeedback mechanism is a relaxation technique that helps in pain management. It’s a mind-body technique that helps you gain control over your bodily functions. It may help prevent or mitigate your headache.
- Stress management classes can teach you how to cope up with the stress. Managing your stress levels can help you improve the quality of your life by alleviating your headache.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a talk therapy that helps you to deal with anxious situations in life and helps you to recognize the situation when you are restless.
- Mild to moderate exercise: Exercise can help you with releasing certain brain chemicals, which act as stress-busters and help you to feel good about yourself.
- Showers: Taking a hot shower or hot bath can help relax your tensed muscles. It helps soothe you & your pain.
- Cold therapy or hot therapy: Applying heat pack and ice therapy for 5 to 10 minutes daily can help you minimize or prevent the repeated attacks of headaches.
- Acupuncture is an alternative therapy that may help you to relieve stress and tension. This, in turn, helps in preventing or alleviating the pain in the head.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a heart supplement but it is very effective in treating migraines.
- Magnesium is also a supplement that will help you obtain relief from the migraine attacks & tension headaches.
- Vitamin B 12 is a perfect supplement for the nerves. Vitamin B12 supplement is quite beneficial in treating facial neuralgia pain.
- Feverfew is an herb that is potentially used to treat migraines.
- Avoid diet-related food triggers: Avoid foods that trigger the headache. Foods such as cheese, wine, food additives, dairy, and wheat may trigger a headache. So, if any such food is triggering your headache, prefer avoiding it. Also, go gluten-free provided you are gluten-sensitive.
- Avoid caffeine intake: Drinking six or more cups of coffee can lead to withdrawal symptoms of headaches.
- Have enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is very essential as a lack of sleep triggers a headache. Waking up refreshed in the morning is a good sign to relieve you of the headaches throughout the day.
- Mind-Body practices for headache prevention: Doing relaxation exercises, such as deep breathing, yoga, and meditation, with focusing your mind on the body and imagining that each muscle which is tensed is relaxing is a good technique to relieve tension headaches.
- Consider manual therapies: Therapies, including Ayurvedic massage, help to relieve the tension which causes headaches. These relaxing therapies are beneficial and have no side-effects.
- Remove any pressure on the head: In case of the physical headache resulting due to tight rubber band or pins or bandana, avoid using these things which cause pressure and the ache.
- Have herbal tea: Having green tea with herbal extracts, such as ginger, will help in relieving your headache in the long run.
- Aromatherapy: Inhalation of essential oils, such as the lavender essential oil, reduces the possibility of headache, as it soothes the senses.
- Ayurvedic and homeopathic treatment: Go for Ayurvedic and homeopathic treatment which is essential, as it is a natural mode of treatment. A qualified professional doctor can prescribe you medicines for the headache. It can be highly beneficial in treating the cases of a long, persistent headache.
Preventative therapy is highly beneficial to relieve you of the headache if you are experiencing more than three episodes of headache in one month. There are many medicines available that may help to treat headaches, such as beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, anti-depressants, anti-seizure medications, and medicines that help relieve constriction of the blood vessel. But, these medicines may cause the headache to reoccur if the underlying condition is not treated. Treating the cause and taking some preventive therapy for the headache is the right solution to avoid the side-effects of the painkillers.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Homeopathy Management for Headache:
Homeopathy is highly effective in treating headaches and controlling it in the long run. Here are some tips that help in homeopathy management for headaches.
- Break the cycle of headache: Constant and reoccurring headaches are difficult to treat depending on its duration and severity. Selecting a natural mode of treatment is far more effective instead of just having headache-relief pills.
- Identify the triggers: It important to identify the triggers that cause headaches in the case of migraine or tension headaches. Work on to identify the trigger which causes the headaches that give you stress and lead to confusion of mind. Headaches beginning after overeating or gastric headache can be avoided by avoiding overeating & modifying the eating habits. Avoiding the identified triggers can help you avoid the headache.
- Do not self-medicate: Just having painkillers is not the solution to headaches. Go for a natural and effective mode of treatment which gives you relief in the long run.
- Go for homeopathy: Anyone who suffers from regular headaches or migraines and knows the agony will attest to the fact they will take anything that promises relief. But, before you put a step forward to have more painkillers or headache pills, it is better to know that it probably won’t work in the long run and may cause side-effects. In such circumstances, opt for homeopathy without a second thought. In homeopathy, homeopathic medicine is chosen by considering the location of the pain, sensation, and modality. Homeopathy can help and promote deep healing treating the cause in the long run.
So, if any time you suffer from a discomforting headache, count on homeopathy without a second thought. Obtain relief from your aching head effectively and safely without any side-effects.