Say Good-Bye To Acne Breakouts With Homeopathy
Acne is an unpleasant skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles get blocked due to oil, dead skin cells, or bacteria. Acne can erupt on various areas of the body, the most common places being the face, shoulder, chest, and back. Body acne can affect different body areas, and it can be quite stubborn as well.
Based on the presentation of acne and areas affected and causes, there are types of acne such as:
- Blackheads: These results are due to clogging of oil in the skin pores, thereby leading to the spots on the skin, wherein one side of the pore is open and the other remains blocked, which presents as blackheads. Blackheads occur when the skin pores are clogged by oil and dead skin cells.
- Whiteheads: These are similar to blackheads; these are clogged pores due to oil & skin cells. However, whiteheads have a layer of skin covering the pore, thereby leading to white-pigmented skin-colored bumps.
Usually, whiteheads and blackheads can be categorized as mild forms of acne.
- Papules: Papules of acne are more inflamed compared to blackheads and whiteheads. These are red bumps on the skin that results when the follicle walls are ruptured and allow bacterial penetration deep into the skin.
- Pustules: Pustules of acne are one step ahead of papules. These occur when papules get infected. Pustules are a type of pimples with pus-filled heads. These are more painful.
- Nodules: A nodular acne is a stubborn form of acne which are formed after papules become deep-seated. These are harder to feel and more painful.
- Cysts: Cysts are categorized as a severe form of acne. Due to the presence of pus, cysts are soft, however, they are equally painful. They are quite similar to nodules, but they are filled with pus and blood. These can cause scarring.
“I am no more a teenager, why do I still develop unpleasant acne?”
This is a question we hear from patients daily. The fact is, usually, acne is considered a problem of adolescence, however, it can occur in people of all ages. Adults can also develop acne.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
What Causes Adult Acne?
Acne that develop after the age of 25 is called post-adolescent or adult acne. Most often, the same factors are responsible for acne, that are present in the adolescent age group. Four factors directly contributing to the development of acne include inflammation, excess oil production, bacteria, and skin pores becoming clogged by “sticky” skin cells.
Acne can be associated with a few indirect factors, such as hormones, stress, & menstrual cycles in women, all of which can hamper sebum production.
Diet can also affect acne-forming tendencies in individuals.
Some medications including corticosteroids, lithium, and anabolic steroids can also cause acne.
Many skin disorders, including acne, can be an indication of a systemic condition. Excessive hair growth, irregular menstrual cycles, rapid weight gain or loss related to acne, or rapid onset of acne with no prior history of acne can be red flags of an underlying disease, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome or other endocrine disorder.
Homeopathic medicines for acne work wonders in treating severe forms of acne, particularly hormone-driven acne and acne affecting women during pregnancy and after the period of labor.
An expert homeopath treating acne examines the skin condition, considers the medical history of the patient suffering from acne, his/her genetic tendency, and previous use of corticosteroids, isotretinoin, spironolactone, or oral birth control pills.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed according to the constitution of patients and by considering various aspects, such as lifestyle, age group, & factors that affect the individual daily.
Homeopathic medicines have shown efficacy in treating early approachers to homeopathy and with quick responses as well in some cases.
Homeopathic medicines are given to the patients intending to treat the underlying causes of the disease, such as hormonal causes, bacterial causes, or habits or lifestyles.
The best homeopath often prescribes the medicine based on the constitutional, pathological, and symptomatic causes.
6 Homeopathic Remedies for Acne:
A few common homeopathic medicines for acne include:
- Hepar sulph: This is an effective remedy for painful pimples. Splinter-like pains indicate this remedy.
- Calcarea sulph: This is the best suitable for treating cystic acne. Acne spots with yellowish scabs & yellow discharge indicate this medicine.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is effective in treating acne affecting teenagers and acne associated with menstrual cycles.
- Kali Brom: Acne forming bluish-red discoloration indicates this remedy.
- Silicea: For nodular acne, pigmented spots, and the most stubborn form of acne, Silicea is best effective
- Sulfur: Acne which causes itching and severe irritation on the scars indicates Sulfur.
Homeopathy works well in treating acute to chronic cases of acne. It offers natural, gentle, and safe treatment that does not cause any side effects; so, you heal without any discomforts.
So, if you happen to suffer from acne anytime, count on homeopathy without a second thought and obtain relief.
- Written by Dr. Anjali S., Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah
+ There are no commentsAdd yours