Sjogren’s Syndrome Is Not Just Dry Eyes – Learn All About It
Sjogren’s syndrome is an autoimmune disorder that is identified by two important most common symptoms – dryness of eyes and mouth. It may be associated with other autoimmune conditions such as Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc.
It is a continual, inflammatory disorder that frequently progresses to a greater complex, systemic sickness that can affect the tissues and organs inside the body which includes joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, nervous system, and the intestinal tract.
The spectrum of presentation of the sickness may be very broad, ranging from the local effects of exocrine gland disorder to fundamental life-threatening systemic complications along with vasculitis, renal or lung involvement, and a 40 times greater threat of growing lymphoma.
The cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not yet precisely known. An aggregation of genetic and environmental factors might cause it. Only the presence of the gene doesn’t cause Sjogren’s syndrome. An external trigger is said to set off the immune response. The immunity responds even if there are no foreign substances to fight off. This inflammatory response reasons the body’s white cells to assault and destroy positive moisture-generating glands.
Forms of Sjogren’s Syndrome:
It happens in two fundamental forms:
1) Primary Sjogren’s Syndrome:
The disease via itself develops and is not associated with some other illness.
2) Secondary Sjogren’s Syndrome:
The presence of every other autoimmune ailment consisting of rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis, etc. exists
The patients with primary Sjogren’s syndrome generally have a good chance of recovery unless the symptoms are severe; extra-glandular manifestations develop. The recovery of patients with secondary Sjogren’s syndrome relies on the primary autoimmune disorder.
Recurrent parotitis is common among children, and they, often, do not have early sicca syndrome symptomatology, whereas, in adults, Sjogren’s syndrome has a mild onset. They frequently experience pain, irritation in the eyes, dental issue, and vaginal dryness in females. Because of the insidious nature of these signs and symptoms, patients often no longer look for clinical attention until extreme symptoms develop years later.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
11 Ways Sjogren’s Syndrome Can Affect the Body:
- People with Sjogren’s syndrome may have neurological problems including memory loss, impaired memory (brain fog) and concentration, peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness in extremities).
- Dry mouth and mouth sores can affect diet and nutrition, speech, taste, tolerance to dental prostheses, and oral health, thereby leading to dental decay.
- Skin disorders, dry skin, such as cutaneous vasculitis, Raynaud’s phenomenon, and digital ulceration can occur.
- Nutritional malabsorption may occur due to damage to the mucus of the stomach lining.
- A small percentage of Sjogren’s patients develop pancreatitis.
- Vaginal dryness is common causing painful intercourse.
- A dry eye causes considerable discomfort and can lead to corneal ulcerations if left untreated. Eyes are more sensitive to irritants and susceptible to infection.
- Severe oral dryness may lead to dysphagia, with food sticking in the esophagus, heartburn, or reflux esophagitis.
- Sjogren’s syndrome can be complicated due to recurrent upper respiratory infections including sinusitis and less frequently by obstructive interstitial lung disease. Dry nose, recurrent sinusitis, and nose bleed can occur.
- Some people with Sjogren’s have liver abnormalities, including primary biliary cirrhosis and chronic active hepatitis. Stomach upset, gastroparesis and autoimmune pancreatitis are other conditions.
- By affecting the musculoskeletal system, it causes arthritis and muscle pain.
Efficacy of Homeopathic Medicines in Sjogren’s Syndrome:
Autoimmune diseases develop an overactive immune reaction of the body towards materials and tissues typically present within the frame. This can be restrained to some organs or involve a particular tissue in unique places. Sjogren’s syndrome is one such health condition. Homeopathy has a prospective role in treating such immune disorders. The disease is studied by considering the symptoms, root cause, the extent of spread or its intensity, and other factors like all mental or physical stressors that would predispose the man or woman to this illness.
The homeopathic remedy acts on the root of the condition and treats it effectively. As a result, it helps restore the equilibrium of the body’s immune response in a natural way to a regular state, hence helps to manage the autoimmunity.
Exclusively homeopathic medication that is prescribed based on the individualized-study of the case might be an important adjunct to the treatment of Sjogren’s syndrome. Every person has their very own trigger factors either in his psychological stage, emotional degree, bodily level, or genetic stage. Homeopathy is a Holistic science and treats the person as a whole; it means that the homeopathic remedy focuses on the individual and pathological conditions. This consists of an in-depth medical history of the patient, causative factors, emotional and mental state, history of the disease, family history of the disease, lifestyle, sleep, dreams, eating habits, etc. Any underlying predisposition or susceptibility is considered. Constitutional drug treatment works well in the management of Sjogren’s syndrome. So, there are no same sets of drug treatments for a particular ailment which may be repeated for every patient.
The goal of homeopathy is not only to deal with Sjogren’s syndrome’s symptoms but also to treat its underlying cause and person susceptibility. There are several homeopathic medicines to treat Sjogren’s syndrome, and they are decided based on the individualized history of the person. A list of homeopathic medicines which have shown advantageous effects in Sjogren’s syndrome is Bryonia, Alumina, Ammonium carb, Pulsatilla, Antimonium crudum, Nux Moschata, etc. For individualized remedy choice and treatment, the patient has to seek advice from an experienced homeopathic doctor in person. Dr. Rajesh Shah’s research-proven homeopathic medicines in autoimmune conditions offer effective treatment for all kinds of chronic difficult disorders. I would sincerely suggest you take advantage of Dr. Shah’s expertise in this field; he is working on such autoimmune conditions for more than 20 years and has developed his research-based Homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is 100% safe, free from any side effects whatsoever, and harmless. Conventional treatment can be continued in conjunction with homeopathy treatment, and gradually the need to take conventional medicines reduces.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours