What is Asthma?
Asthma is a long standing lung disease where the airway of the lungs gets inflamed. This inflammation further causes swelling and production of mucus. The obstruction of the airway leads to production of various symptoms like breathlessness, cough and whistling sounds (Wheezing) while breathing.
Asthma being a long standing allergic inflammatory condition is largely treatable with homeopathy. Homeopathy treatment for asthma is the best and safest mode of treatment when it comes to allergies and inflammation. However a triad of homeopathy, diet and exercise is the best way to treat any case of asthma . The homeopathic medicines for asthma are capable enough to treat an acute as well as chronic phase of asthma. There are many eminent homeopathic remedies for asthma, but today I will be discussing which are some of the commonest five top rated homeopathic medicines and which are rampantly used by many homeopaths across the globe.
- This is one of the best remedies for asthma which one can think of. It has actions on multiple systems in the body and has a major affinity towards the respiratory system. This homeopathic remedy for asthma treatment is indicated when the below symptoms are present:-
- Intense physical and mental restlessness accompanied with cough and wheezing
- Anxiety with tossing and turning in bed on account of no relief in the breathlessness.
- Lying down is difficult hence the patient is sleepless and has to sit up in bed
- The symptoms are accompanied with pain in the right side of the chest with scanty white frothy expectoration
- Arsenic album is indicated when the symptoms of asthma are worse at midnight (12 am- 1 am).
- The asthma is also aggravated in cold weather, change of weather, having cold drinks and cold food
- Asthma is better by having warm drinks in patients requiring arsenic album.
- Antimonium tartaricum is an eminent remedy for asthma where there is rattling and the patient feels his chest is full of mucus. Other indications for use of Antimonium tartaricum as a homeopathic medicine for asthma are:
- This remedy is more suited to young people and children who crave apples, pickles, vinegar preparations.
- Cough with a loud rattling sound in the chest
- Breathlessness which is often relieved by eructations
- Cough is triggered by eating in patients needing Antimonium Tartaricum
- Burning sensation in the chest which ascends up to the throat
- The cough is better by lying on right side
- Generalized weakness and drowsiness. The patient feels very sleepy.
- Hoarseness of voice is often seen accompanying the symptoms of asthma in patients needing Antimonium Tartaricum.
- Carbo vegetabilis is a good homeopathic remedy for asthma suited to patients with low vitality with bluishness of the face during the asthma attack. The other indications for prescribing carbo vegetabilis in asthma are:
- Coldness of hands and feet
- Stomach symptoms along with asthma like, bloating of abdomen, flatulence which creates increased abdominal pressure and thereby triggers breathlessness
- Cough with itching in the voice box and heaviness of voice
- There is coldness of the breath and wants to be fanned all the time
- Asthma is worse in the evening, by talking and lying down
Natrum sulphuricum is a commonly indicated natural homeopathic remedy for long standing asthmatic conditions when the below symptoms are present:
- Asthma aggravates in humid weather and damp environment
- Good remedy for those whose in whom asthma runs in the family
- Wheezing, heaviness and tightness in the chest which prevents breathing
- This remedy may also suit individuals in whom asthma started in childhood and subsided after puberty and relapsed again in their 30’s and 40’s
- Cough with yellowish green mucus expectoration
- Cough worse between 4 am to 5 am, before menstruation
- In cases where nausea and vomiting prevail along with asthma, ipecac is an infallible homeopathic medicine for asthma:
- Suited to children and patients who have excessive salivation with a clean tongue
- Rattling cough and the chest is loaded with mucus
- Asthma worse in hot and humid weather and relieved in open air
Homeopathy in many cases helps reverse the pathology and aims at treating the root cause of the disease. The indicated homeopathic medicines have the capacity not only to reduce the inflammation in the airways but to give a consistent relief in related symptoms.
It is worthwhile to mention here that homeopathic treatment has safe, natural, effective medicines which do not cause any side effects. However it is always recommended that you consult a good homeopathic doctor for asthma rather than self medicating.
If you suffer from Asthma, you should definitely consider homeopathic treatment for asthma. At LifeForce Homeopathy, we have seen wonderful results with Dr Rajesh Shah’s research based medicines. To know more, get in touch with us by leaving your contact details below, speaking to our associate doctors at +91-66888888 or writing in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about asthma treatment with homeopathy here.
– Dr Kanchan Gohil, Associate Doctor to Dr Rajesh Shah, Team Lifeforce