Anemia is a condition in which the number of red blood cells or Hemoglobin levels are lower than normal. The normal hemoglobin levels differ in both males and females. For men, the normal hemoglobin level is more than 13.5 gram/100 ml, and, for women, it is more than 12 gram/100ml.
Types of Anemia:
The most common types of Anemia include:
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Aplastic anemia
- Hemolytic anemia
- Sickle cell anemia
- Pernicious anemia
- Fanconi anemia
Common Causes of Anemia Include:
Here are some common causes of anemia.
- Blood Loss: In conditions like iron deficiency anemia, heavy menstrual bleeding, surgeries, cancer, trauma, and the bleeding from the digestive or urinary tract, one may suffer from anemia.
- Lack of Red Blood Cell Production: It can be inherited or acquired. Acquired conditions that can lead to anemia include a poor diet, pregnancy, abnormal hormone levels, and chronic disease conditions.
- Diet: Diet lacking in iron, folic acid, or Vitamin B12 can prevent the body from making red blood cells.
- Hormone: A low level of Erythropoietin hormone causes Anemia.
- Disease and disease treatments: Chronic kidney conditions and cancer reduce the production of red blood cells. Some cancer treatments damage the bone marrow, therefore red blood cells cannot be made fast enough.
- Pregnancy: Due to low levels of Iron and Folic acid in the blood, anemia can occur in pregnancy.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Symptoms of Anemia:
Here are some common symptoms of anemia.
- Weakness and low energy levels
- Shortness of breath
- Looking pale, cold skin, frequent hair loss, Koilonychia (spoon-shaped nail), and constipation
- Chest pain
- Dizziness and/or fainting
- Increased heart rate
- Change in color of the stool, enlarged spleen
Homeopathy and Anemia:
- Homeopathic medicines address the root cause of Anemia, thereby reducing the tendency of anemia to relapse.
- Homeopathy medicines naturally trigger the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Homeopathy medicines help improve the energy levels, thereby treating fatigue and weakness resulting due to anemia.
- Due to anemia, the patient may feel demotivated and lose interest in life. Homeopathy medicines not only treat the physical symptoms but they also impact an individual emotionally and mentally. So, homeopathic medicines can help induce positive emotions in an individual.
- Homeopathic medicines are strongly recommended for Anemia. They help improve the overall general sense of well-being of an individual.
- Homeopathic medicines work the best when they are selected after doing a detailed case study of the particular individual and with the prescription by an experienced homeopathic physician.
Here are some Homeopathy medicines for Anemia:
- Ferrum Metallicum, Ferrum Phosphoricum
- China Officinalis
- Natrum Muriaticum
- Arsenic Album
- Nux Vomica
- Calcarea Phosphoricum
- Calcarea carbonicum
- Kai Carb
- Nitric acid
Tips to Prevent Anemia:
Here are some preventive measures to avoid anemia.
- Eating iron-rich foods can prevent anemia
- Vitamin C and Folate intake can help absorb iron more efficiently, thereby reducing the risk of Anemia.
- Consume foods containing Vitamin B12 to absorb iron more efficiently.
- Try cooking in iron pots and pans, as it helps to boost the consumption of iron in your diet.
- It is best to consume Vitamin B12 and folate supplements if your diet is unable to provide the required amounts of these to your body.
- Quit smoking.
Foods to Eat as a part of your Diet To Avoid or Treat Anemia include:
- Fruits to include in the diet to prevent or treat anemia are:
- Dark grapes
- Vegetables to include in the diet to prevent or treat anemia are:
- Herbs to include in the diet to prevent or treat anemia are:
- Aloe vera
- Seeds include in the diet to prevent or treat anemia are:
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dry fruits to include in the diet to prevent or treat anemia are:
- Peanuts with Jaggery
Apart from this, you can have milk and milk products, brown rice, soybeans, cereals, beans, and lentils.
The food you eat can be safe and the most powerful form of medicine for many of our healthcare diseases. Grow strong by eating a nutritious diet! Don’t let anemia affect your health and life adversely. Count on Homeopathy, and make use of essential homeopathic medicines to fight anemia.