Vitiligo is a condition in which your skin does not produce enough melanin. It is an autoimmune disease that causes your skin and hair to turn white. It all begins with the area around your lips and fingers. You will gradually develop white patches all over your skin. Vitiligo can affect anyone, regardless of skin color or genetic features. However, if you have darker skin, the white patches will be more visible.
Vitiligo can be localized (affecting only one or a few body parts), generalized (affecting many body parts), or segmented (the condition affects only one side of the body). An autoimmune condition, such as Diabetes (Type 1) or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, may cause melanocyte destruction.
Vitiligo can start at any age, from children under one year old to men and women over the age of 80. Approximately half of those affected by this disease develop the patches before reaching their twenties.
The disease spreads differently from person to person. In some people, the spots may not spread at all and remain constant throughout their lives. In others, the spread may be gradual, while in others, it may be rapid within a few months.
Symptoms of Vitiligo
- Premature greying- Your brow, eyelash, beard, and scalp hair will become prematurely grey.
- White patches- Your skin will develop white patches. It will begin on a smaller scale, but it will gradually expand.
- Depigmentation- At first, it will appear on sun-exposed areas of your body. It consists of your hands, feet, face, lips, and arms. This depigmentation can also be seen in your genitalia.
- Color loss- You may notice a color loss in the lines inside your mouth and the inner layer of your eyes.
- Irritation- In rare cases, you may experience pain and itching in the area of your body where you have vitiligo.
If you have any of these skin problems, you should seek proper treatment. Always remember, when discussing the vitiligo treatment in homeopathy and medicines for the cure, it is critical to understand the causes as well.
Causes of Vitiligo
The following are the causes of vitiligo:
- Immune system disorder- Vitiligo can be caused by a problem with your immune system. When your immune system attacks your tissues, you may develop white patches.
- Genetic- If you have a family history of vitiligo, you are more likely to develop it.
- Single event- Vitiligo can occur in some people as a result of unavoidable circumstances such as emotional distress or sunburn.
- Melanoma- It is a cancerous transformation of your pigment-producing cells. Melanoma can cause Vitiligo as well.
- Autoimmune diseases- Autoimmune diseases such as alopecia areata, hyperthyroidism, and pernicious anemia can all lead to vitiligo.
Why is homeopathy for vitiligo effective?
- Natural ingredients: Homeopathy medicines contain no chemicals. They contain only natural ingredients.
- Treats the underlying cause: Homeopathic medicines work by treating the underlying cause. This effectively stops or slows the progression of your vitiligo. It gradually promotes re-pigmentation.
- Long-term: While all conventional drugs only provide a short-term treatment for vitiligo, homeopathy can provide a long-term solution.
- Side effects: vitiligo treatment in homeopathy are rich in natural ingredients and have no side effects.
- Recurrence rate: Because homeopathy can help you stop melanin destruction, the recurrence rate of vitiligo is significantly lower in homeopathic treatment.
- Safe for everyone: Homeopathy is not only safe for children, but it is also safe for everyone. Children, once again, enjoy the sweet globules of homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathic Treatment for Vitiligo
Many people prefer homeopathy to conventional treatments and medications when it comes to treatment. The main advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it is natural and has few or no side effects.
People suffering from vitiligo and leucoderma have benefited greatly from the treatment. Vitiligo treatment in homeopathy may not yield immediate results, but it is well worth your time and patience. The majority of homeopathic medicines stimulate melanocytes. This activation causes melanin to be formed, resulting in re-pigmentation.
Homeopathic treatment for Vitiligo aims to not only improve the melanocytes but also help in improving the emotional, physical, mental condition of the patient. Homeopathy for vitiligo also treats the after-effect triggers that can cause Leucoderma, such as environmental or hormonal imbalances. Overall, Homeopathic treatment is holistic because the Homeopathic medicine for white spots on skin controls the spread while also assisting individuals in overcoming self-esteem and depression issues.
Homeopathic Medicines For Vitiligo
- Calcarea Carb: This homeopathic remedy is intended to treat vitiligo, a condition that generates milky white patches on the skin. There could also be bone weakening.
- Sepia: When people with vitiligo isolate themselves from their families and loved ones, the effective homeopathic medicine ‘Sepia’ is used.
- Nitric Acid 30: White spots in the mouth, nipples, nose, eyes, penis, and vulva are treated with this homeopathic medicine (mucous junctions).
Other good homeopathic remedies for vitiligo include Silicea 30, Arsenic Album, Sulfur, Staphysagria, and Borax.
Vitiligo diet prevention & restriction
While there is no official “vitiligo diet,” eating nutritious, nutrient-dense food and drinking enough water are the best nutritional steps you can take. Additionally, as with any autoimmune disorder, immune-boosting foods containing phytochemicals, beta-carotene, and antioxidants may be beneficial.
Here are some foods that people with vitiligo have mentioned as being beneficial to their condition:
- Leafy greens like kale or romaine lettuce
- Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans
- Root vegetables like beets, carrots, and radishes
- Figs and dates
There is no medically recognized food that worsens vitiligo, just as there is no advised diet for the disorder. However, anecdotal data suggests that some people have a negative reaction to some foods, particularly those containing hydroquinones, the depigmenting agent.
Each person’s body is unique, and particular foods may cause them to react differently.
Vitiligo is a chronic condition. Although vitiligo is not curable, there are things you can take to help treat it and prevent it from getting worse, such as following a nutritious diet or using the homeopathic treatment for vitiligo. You should consult with a dermatologist to get expert advice on how your skin will react to vitiligo.