12 Helpful Migraine Management Tips
Migraine is a pulsating headache that can go on for hours and even days. It is a neurological disorder, which often runs in families and can affect all age-groups. Triggering factors for this headache can be hormonal changes, stress, seasonal changes, drinks (such as alcohol, wine, caffeinated, etc.), changes in the sleep pattern, intense physical activity, some medications, such as vasodilators, oral contraceptives, some foods, such as salt-based foods, processed foods, additives like sweeteners, preservatives, etc. and many more. Triggers are specific to individuals.
Symptoms of the migraine are intense throbbing headache which is one-sided, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to the sound, light, movement, and others, and visual disturbance, etc.
Most patients of the migraine experience an aura before the migraine sets in. These are the symptoms which occur every time before a Migraine episode, just like an approaching storm before the rains start. The individual can sense that they are going to have an attack of a Migraine. However, by following certain tips can help you alleviate the pain and discomfort of this condition. Read on to learn all about it.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries.
Get an expert opinion on your ailment,
12 Simple yet Effective Tips to Mitigate the Symptoms of Migraine
Here are some tips to reduce the symptoms of migraine.
- Stress management: Managing your stress can help you have relief in the discomfort of the migraine.
- Healthy food habits, which include eating small frequent meals in a day.
- Healthy sleeping habits. Have adequate sleep every day
- Incorporate yoga, meditation, and relaxing massages regularly.
- Avoid triggering factors.
- Try to be in reduced light or dark room when in pain.
- Take the help of essential oils or herbs which provide relief during the pain.
- Applying ice or cold compresses helps to reduce the pain.
- Acupressure and acupuncture can help to reduce pain.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated.
- Make a paste of nutmeg and apply it to your affected area for relief in the pain. Also, it helps you sleep better.
- Check out for deficiency in Vitamins and minerals. If deficient, you can take supplements with your doctor’s advice.
These are a few natural ways to manage your Migraine. So, if you or any of your family members happen to suffer from the migraine, following these simple yet effective tips will help them obtain relief in the pain and discomfort resulting due to the condition. Also, you can count on homeopathy to treat your condition effectively and safely without any side-effects.
- Written by Dr. Varsha H., Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah
+ There are no commentsAdd yours