Anxiety is a mental feeling of uneasiness, worry, generalized fear, apprehension, and inability to focus as an overreaction to a situation that is normal and only subjectively menacing. Anxiety is, sometimes, accompanied by muscular tension of the body, restlessness, fatigue, and, particularly problems in concentration and confidence. Normally, when anxiety is experienced regularly in routine life, it is considered an anxiety disorder.
Sometimes, anxiety is closely related to fear, which is a response to a real or imagination with a perceived immediate threat. Anxiety also involves imagination and expectation of the future probabilities. People facing anxiety may also withdraw themselves from situations, which have provoked anxiety in the past and will have an introverted behavioral pattern.
Anxiety can be also be explained as the mental state resulting due to a difficult challenge, for which the person has insufficient coping skills or managing skills. Feelings of anxiety and panic often interfere with daily activities and are usually difficult to control. You may avoid places or situations to prevent these kinds of feelings. Anxiety disorder symptoms may start during childhood or in the teen years and may continue into adulthood.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries.
Get an expert opinion on your ailment,
Symptoms of Anxiety:
Very common anxiety symptoms include:
- The feeling of nervous, tense, and restlessness.
- Sense of impending danger, panic, and fearfulness.
- Increased heart rates
- Breathing intensively (hyperventilation)
- Feeling very weak or tired.
- A loss of concentration or thinking about anything that leads to worry.
- Sleep disturbances and irregularities.
- Gastric issues.
- Inability to control worries
- Avoiding things that may trigger anxiety.
Causes of Anxiety:
There is no reason found by the researchers for the occurrence of anxiety issues. As usual, they stem from a combination of things, including the changes in your brain cells and environmental stress, and even your genes. Familial hereditary tendencies may show some relation among the patients connecting to some genetic link.
Different Types of Anxiety Disorders:
Here are different types of anxiety disorders that you should be aware of.
- Panic Disorder: The patient of the panic disorder will be experiencing recurring panic attacks at unexpected times which may be daily or occasionally in which modality can’t be predicted. So, the patient with panic disorder may live in fear of the next panic attack, usually, which will cause more stress.
- Phobia: Phobia is the excessive fear of the specific object, maybe situation, or specific activity.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This is the condition of extreme fear of being judged by other individuals in social situations and while in public appearances.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: This is the recurring irrational thoughts that occur in a diseased individual that lead you to perform specific, repeated and surprising behaviors
- Separation Anxiety Disorder: This is the fear of being away from the home or loved ones.
- Illness Anxiety Disorder: This is related to the individual’s anxiety about his very own health (formerly also called hypochondria).
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is anxiety which is usually followed by a traumatic event in the past.
Anxiety attack is the feeling of overwhelming apprehension, worry, distress, and fear. For most people, an anxiety attack builds very slowly. It may worsen due to some stressful events also.
Anxiety attacks affect every individual differently, and its symptoms may differ in several individuals. Common symptoms of the anxiety attack include feeling faint or dizzy, shortness of breath, dry mouth, sweating, chills or hot flashes, apprehension and worry, restlessness, distress, fear, numbness, or tingling, etc.
Management of Anxiety:
Fortunately, there are natural remedies and natural methods that help prevent anxiety.
Usually, these include:
- Sound and getting essential adequate sleep
- Daily meditation for a few minutes to keep the mind calm and free from stress.
- Staying always active and exercising
- Eating a healthy diet and try to have homemade food.
- Staying active and working out daily.
- Avoiding alcohol addiction.
- Avoiding caffeine in routine life
- Quitting smoking.
Stress and Anxiety are Related:
Stress and anxiety are quite related to each other. Anxiety is usually that same worry, fear, or uneasiness. Anxiety will be sometimes a reaction to your stress levels, but it can also occur in people who may have no obvious stressors. Both anxiety and stress may cause many physical and mental symptoms which may include headache, stomachache, tachycardia (increased heartbeat), sweating, dizziness, jitteriness, muscle tension, rapid breathing, panic, nervousness, difficulty concentrating, irrational anger or irritability, restlessness, and sleeplessness.
8 Homeopathic Remedies for Anxiety Disorders and Panic Attacks
Homeopathy is very effective in treating many of the anxiety disorder patients all over the world effectively. These are some of the remedies which can be effective in treating the disease condition.
Aconite is mainly suited for treating individuals who suffer from intense, sudden anxiety, fear, or panic issues. The panic condition of these patients is mostly connected to past traumatic issues. Diseased individuals with dry skin, dry mouth, and fast heartbeat may find Aconite effective.
- Argentum nitricum
Argentum nitricum is mostly recommended for people suffering from anxiety which arises due to uncertainty issues. Disease nature includes claustrophobia, hypochondria, the fear of heights, or fear of normal routine things. It is normally accompanied by digestive disturbance, such as diarrhea and craving for sweets and sweet food items.
- Arsenicum album
The patients suffering from anxiety related to the fear of being imperfect and fear of loneliness and darkness find Arsenicum album helpful. The fear of being alone and criticizing people for the relief indicate this medicine. The patients with cold body nature always find this remedy quite suitable to treat their condition.
This homeopathic remedy is effective for the people having the fear of breaking out any safe routine and don’t want to take any risk all by themselves. Worsening of anxiety when there is a change in the plans indicate this medicine.
Individuals facing anxiety due to the feelings of inadequacy are recommended Gelsemium. Sometimes, they are timid and shaky. People experiencing agoraphobia, avoiding crowds and speaking, and who are usually vulnerable to fainting are recommended this medicine. Anxiety patients who love to sit alone in solitude and hate to go out in public find this medicine effective.
Individuals who find Ignatia suitable are those who suffer from anxiety issues due to grief or loss. They are often very sensitive and have mood swings and move from laughter to tears and vice versa. Ignatia is also recommended for depression cases.
- Kali arsenicosum
This is quite effective for anxiety that is health-based. When an anxiety patient experiences hypochondria, fear of heart attacks, and does grooming excessively, this medicine is recommended. Individuals suffering from health-based anxiety may experience difficulty in sleeping and racing thoughts. They may also experience the fear of death. They can be prone to feeling cold and vulnerable to panic attacks. These patients of anxiety can find Kali Arsenicosum effective for relief in their anxiety.
Stramonium is suited to treat individuals experiencing night terrors, dark thoughts, and nightmares while awake. Individuals who are always scared of dark and getting out in the dark and while alone can find this remedy beneficial. Ideally, Stramonium is suited for the persons who are scared by the violent thoughts of monsters or mysterious figures and exhibit a higher level of imagination.
These are some homeopathic remedies that are helpful for individuals suffering from anxiety disorders.
I hope my blog about anxiety disorders is informative and helpful for the readers.