Not every fever is innocent and not every bodyache is to be ignored casually. Especially when you have a mosquito menace in your area, or you have heard of people suffering from dengue in your city.
Dengue is a viral disease spread by mosquitoes. It enters the body of a healthy human being when he/she is bitten by a mosquito carrying this virus. Dengue infection presents with non-specific symptoms that may mimic viral fever. The infection is mild in children but can lead to hazardous consequences in adults. So getting detected early is crucial for effective treatment and prevention of complications.
Your fever could be dengue if you are suffering from following symptoms:
- Fever that develops suddenly and is accompanied with chills. This fever persists for the first 2-7 days of initial infection.
- Intense bodyache and pain in muscles and joints especially of lower back, arms, and legs. The bodyache is so severe that is has earned dengue the nickname, “BREAK-BONE FEVER.”
- Generalized headache
- Pain behind the eyes
- Typical skin rash that may occur at any part of the body but mostly seen over face, chest, and in front of elbows and behind knees. It may begin and last for 2 to 5 days after the fever begins.
- Mild bleeding from the gums, nose or easy bruising of skin
- Flushing of face and redness of eyes
- Pain in throat
- Nausea, vomiting and generalized weakness
Patients usually recover from the fever and other symptoms in a period of ten days although the recovery is slow. They may have weakness and exhaustion for prolonged periods.
In some cases, the dengue fever gets complicated and the patient develops dengue hemorrhagic fever.
Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever may present with the following symptoms:
- It is more common in patients who are less than 15 years old and patients with already weakened immune system.
- The fever can get complicated within 24 hours or more
- There may be damage to the blood vessels and lymph vessels leading to massive hemorrhage from nose, gums, gastro-intestinal tract, bleeding through urinary tract, or sites of trauma and injections.
- Patients may complain of abdominal pain with vomiting
- Children may suffer from febrile seizures (fits)
- There may be change in the level of consciousness
- If this condition progresses, it may lead to circulatory failure, shock and even death
- Patient’s body may feel colder than usual (an indication of the development of hypothermia)
- Decreased level of platelet count
If you suffer from any of the above symptoms, do not panic. Get yourself checked by your nearest physician. You can maintain good hydration and avoid taking medicines for pain relief such as aspirin which may increase your chances of bleeding.
There are no vaccines available to prevent dengue fever. You can simply protect yourself from mosquito bites and do your best to keep a check on mosquito population in your area.
Homoeopathy for Dengue Prevention:
Research has found Homeopathic medicines to be effective in preventing as well as treating dengue fever. You can take homeopathic treatment along with conventional medicines to prevent complications, build your immunity and maintain general health.
LifeForce homeopathy has introduced free distribution of homeopathic medicine Eupatorium Perfoliatum 30c which has found to be effective in preventing Dengue infection by reasearch studies. Visit your nearest LifeForce branch and avail your pocket of prevention for you and your family!