Does your mouth hurt on having even the slightest of spicy meals?
Is there any discomfort while drinking hot tea or coffee?
Do you have a metallic taste in your mouth?
Oral Lichen Planus:
Mouth affection of Lichen Planus (called oral lichen planus) is a chronic ongoing auto immune disease which affects the mucous membrane of mouth, causing discomfort in the mouth. For unknown reasons the immune system attacks the cells of the mucous membrane in the mouth.
Signs of Oral Lichen Planus include:
- It appears like white lacy rough patches in the mouth, which gives you a gritty feeling.
- Sometimes they are in the form of open sores which are swollen, tender and do not heal. These are accompanied with intense burning and pain while eating.
- Sensitivity to touch with hot and spicy food.
- Metallic or blunted taste in mouth.
- Inflammation of gums with swelling.
- Rawness sensation on the tongue.
- Repeated bleeding while flossing or brushing.
If you have noticed any of the above symptoms, it may be an early sign of oral lichen planus. You may have a greater chance of the diagnosis being Lichen Planus if you have been exposed to any of the below triggering factors.Ask your question to Dr. Shah’s team directly & get expert opinion on your ailment![/box]
Factors which trigger Oral Lichen Planus:
- Long standing stress
- Any genetic or family history
- Ailments for which NSAIDs are taken for a longer duration
- Hepatitis C infection or Hepatitis B vaccine
- Allergy-causing agents (allergens) like dental materials, foods or other substances.
- Certain medications for heart disease, high blood pressure, or arthritis.
- Alcohol and tobacco
- Poorly fitting dentures or poor oral hygiene.
The next steps after a Diagnosis of Lichen Planus:
Conventional medicine offers immune suppressive medication, where the disease initially gets better with later elevated condition and resurfacing. The root cause of the disease is erroneous immunity, so the aim of treatment should be in correcting the immunity of the person. This needs treatment with patience for a longer duration of time. Homeopathy works on a deeper level with no harmful effects. At LifeForce Homoeopathy, over six hundred patients have benefitted from Dr Rajesh Shah’s homoeopathic medicines for Oral Lichen Planus. Contact us today to know how![box type=”note” ]Got question? Ask about your ailment directly to Dr. Shah. Just send your query here.[/box]