Few Easy Steps to Transform Fatty Liver Into Skinny Liver
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) is very rampant nowadays. It adversely affects the overall health of an individual. Even though no major symptoms are observed or experienced by the affected individual, it affects the body in a silent manner. Mostly, it occurs due to lifestyle disorder. I would like to explain in brief a few easy steps which can help you transform the fatty liver into the skinny liver.
Fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a term which describes the buildup of fat in the liver. It’s normal to have small amounts of fats in your liver, but too much of it can become a health problem. Besides alcohol consumption, there are various causes of fatty liver, such as obesity, hyperlipidemia, or high levels of fats in the blood, particularly high triglycerides, diabetes, genetic inheritance, rapid weight loss, and side-effects of certain medications, including methotrexate (Trexall), tamoxifen (Nolvadex), amiodarone (Pacerone), and valproic acid (Depakote).
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Easy Tips To Transform Fatty Liver Into Skinny Liver:
As a matter of fact, fatty liver is reversible. But, for the same, you need to follow a few steps as follows. Find some of the easy steps which you can follow to have a healthy liver.
- Exercise Regularly:
Exercise is a good way to burn fat in your body, and the same is applicable for dealing with a fatty liver. Practicing exercises regularly is also helpful in maintaining the insulin-glucagon ratio. So, it helps to balance your sugar level, as diabetes is also one of the factors which can lead to a fatty liver.
- Eat Healthy Foods:
Following a healthy diet can help you deal with the fatty liver effectively. Here are a few diet tips which can help you have a healthy diet for a good health of your liver.
a. Foods To Add To Your Diet:
Add a lot of fruits, vegetables, high-fiber plants, such as legumes and whole grains, to your diet. Make sure you have very little added sugar, and minimum addition of salt, trans fat, refined carbohydrates, and saturated fat to your diet, as high amount of these substances in the diet elevate the risk of developing the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
b. Limit Fructose:
Make sure you limit your fructose consumption to 25 grams or less a day to protect your liver.
c. Choose To Include Good Quality Of Fats In Diet:
Inflammatory fats in the diet, such as processed vegetable oils (soy, canola, corn) and saturated fats from animals raised in confined feedlots (CAFOs), may contribute to the vicious cycle and, due to it, your liver health may decline. So, avoid such harmful fats. Prefer to include good quality fats in your diet.
d. Liver-Friendly Foods:
- High fiber, low carb vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and leafy greens, are some of the healthiest choices which you can make for a good health of your liver.
- Caffeine appears to lower the number of abnormal liver enzymes in people who are at risk for liver diseases. Caffeine intake minimizes the risk of development of the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Fatty fish, such as salmon, sardines, tuna, and trout, are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids can help improve your liver fat levels and reduce the inflammation.
- Dairy is high in whey protein, which may protect the liver from further damage. So, include dairy products, which are rich in whey protein, in your diet.
- Beetroot is another healthy food for the liver. It minimizes the oxidative damage and inflammation in the liver. It contains betaine, which promotes thinning of the bile and helps detoxification. Pancreatic lipase is another nutrient which is considered as the main digestive enzyme used to break down fats. Ox bile too is crucial as it gives your bile production an extra boost while your liver is healing. Also, Collinsonia root, a traditional herbal remedy, cleanses your gallbladder and prevent constipation.
Also Read: How To Deal With Grade 1 Fatty Liver?
- Avoid Or Limit Harmful Medicines:
Manage your medications. Pay attention to the warnings which say that a medication can damage the liver, such as methotrexate (Trexall), tamoxifen (Nolvadex), amiodarone (Pacerone), and valproic acid (Depakote).
- Stay Away From Chemical Inhalation:
Avoid inhaling or coming in contact with toxins, such as cleaning and aerosol products, harmful chemicals, and insecticides.
- Limit Or Quit Alcohol:
Limit the amount of alcohol you drink. (Alcohol can damage or destroy the liver cells.)
These easy steps can help you convert fatty liver to skinny liver. But, it is advisable to take the guidance of your doctor for the appropriate treatment. Homeopathy is the safest way to deal with such a chronic problem. So, if any time you happen to suffer from a fatty liver, follow these helpful tips and count on homeopathy to ensure good health of your liver.
– Written by Dr. Ishwari, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah
Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours