Cold is a viral infection that may affect mainly nose and the throat. It may cause by various reason out of which one is monsoon season as infections spread more during this time.
Symptoms mainly includes running nose, sore throat, sneezing, headache, fever and so on..
It generally happens when immunity of the person is low.
Generally antibiotic and various other medicines are prescribed to give symptomatic relief. Along with other medicines if home remedies are given then recovery of disease happens soon.
Home remedies are nothing but things which we use in our day to day life, things which are present in our kitchen always.
Some of the common home remedies include:
- Take one spoon of ginger and mix with little honey. Have this to recover from cold and cough soon and also it will help to boost up your immune system.
- During cold, there is lot of loss of body fluids. Hence it is important to maintain those fluids level. Take enough quantity of water whole day and keep yourself well hydrated.
- Nose block commonly happens during cold. For which steam inhalation is the best option. Adding cabbage leaves to steaming water and taking that steam will give more benefits. You can also put eucalyptus oil in boiling water and take that steam.
- For sore throat, warm water gargling is good option. You can put a pinch of salt or turmeric in water and gargle that to reduce sore throat pain.
- Take a glass of warm milk with some turmeric. Turmeric is proven to have great medicinal action. Taking this will help you to remove cough out of the body. These are some home remedies which can be tried during cold problem in monsoon season.
-Dr. Kainaz Billimoria, Life Force Homeopathy[box type=”note” ]Got questions? Get answers to all your questions about your ailment from our expert doctors. Just send your query here.[/box]