Homeopathy – An Effective Alternative Approach For Piles Treatment
Hemorrhoids, which are also known as piles, results due to the swelling and inflammation of veins in the anus and rectum. In this condition, the veins present around the anus or lower rectum become enlarged and irritated. They are, actually, cushions of tissue comprising blood vessels at the junction of the anus and rectum. Hemorrhoids affect both males as well females.
Types of Piles:
Hemorrhoids are classified into 2 types.
- External hemorrhoids: They appear on the outside of the anal verge (the distal end of the anal canal). External piles can be painful, at times, and accompanied by swelling and irritation. Itching, while commonly thought to be a symptom of external hemorrhoids, results due to skin irritation.
- Internal hemorrhoids: They are formed within the rectum & may bleed when irritated. Internal piles are usually not painful because this area lacks pain receptors, and most people are unaware that they have them. Internal hemorrhoids that go untreated can result in two severe hemorrhoids, i.e., prolapsed and strangulated piles.
There are Four Grades of Piles:
- Grade 1: Piles are tiny swellings on the inside lining of the anus. From outside the anus, they are not visible or tactile.
- Grade 2: When you go to the bathroom, Grade 2 Piles are partially pushed out (prolapse) from the anus but quickly retract inside.
- Grade 3: Pile prolapses (hangs out) from the anus and is felt as one or more small, soft lumps hanging from the anus. They can, however, be pushed back inside the anus with a finger.
- Grade 4: Piles hang down from within the anus indefinitely and cannot be pushed back inside.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
Causes for Piles:
Here are some common causes of piles
- Chronic constipation complications
- Long periods spent on the toilet
- Hemorrhoids run in the family
- Rectal veins and walls that are weak
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Pregnancy and Chronic Cough
- Excessive use of laxatives or enemas
- Lifting heavy weights regularly
Symptoms of Piles:
Here are some common symptoms of piles.
- Itching all over the anus
- Irritation and pain in the vicinity of the anus
- A painful or itchy lump or swelling near your anus
- Leaking feces
- A grueling bowel movement
- After having a bowel movement, you may notice blood on your tissue
How Do You Diagnosis Piles?
An examination of the anus may be sufficient to diagnose hemorrhoids. A different examination may be performed to check for any abnormalities within the anus to confirm the diagnosis. This examination is known as a digital rectal exam. The doctor inserts a gloved and lubricated finger into your rectum during this exam.
If they notice anything unusual, they may order an additional test known as a sigmoidoscopy. A sigmoidoscopy is a procedure in which a doctor uses a small camera to diagnose internal hemorrhoids. A sigmoidoscope is a small fiber-optic camera that fits into a small tube inserted into the rectum. The doctor receives a result from this test.
Homeopathy Treatment for Piles:
Medications that make piles more tolerable but do not directly treat the problem are used in traditional piles treatment. These medications provide only limited relief from symptoms, and they are often required for a long period. Ointments, pads, creams, and painkillers are examples of over-the-counter (OTC) treatments for piles. In grade 4 piles (or hemorrhoids) cases, surgery is the only option for most people. Homeopathy treatment for piles offers a range of remedies that help treat the condition effectively and alleviate the discomforting symptoms.
The recovery rate is exceptionally high, but this is also because Homeopathic treatment for piles has plenty of added benefits. When compared to any other complementary or alternative therapy, it is very cost-effective. Homeopathic medicines for piles are safe and have no side effects. Homeopathy has several advantages over traditional medicinal procedures, including the fact that it is non-toxic.
Homeopathic Medicines for Piles:
Various medicines are recommended to reduce the severity of the symptoms and treat the condition to experience a long-lasting relief, depending on the grade, severity, and signs of piles. Here are some effective homeopathic remedies for hemorrhoids.
- Hamamelis: The most common symptom that indicates Hamamelis is the presence of blood in their stools due to piles. Such patients are frequently concerned and anxious. Stopping the bleeding as soon as possible helps to alleviate their anxiety. In such instances, Hamamelis is the most effective homeopathic medicine for piles.
- Ratanhia: Ratanhia is the most effective homeopathic treatment for piles. This remedy is highly beneficial for mitigating the pain in the piles-affected region while passing the stools. When you feel like you’re being stitched while passing the stool, this homeopathic remedy is indicated. It is commonly known as painful piles when it comes to relieving the agony of painful piles.
- Graphites: Graphites is the most effective homeopathic medicine for piles with constipation. The stools that are tough, knotty, and held together by mucous threads indicate this remedy. Another strong indication for this medication is obesity.
- Aloe Socotrina: The medicine is used to treat painful and tender external piles. Sharp or burning pain in the rectum and a constant sense of bearing down in the rectum indicate this remedy. Pain or a burning sensation may be relieved with the use of a cold compress. This medicine is also effective in treating anal fistulas.
Other homeopathic medicines for the treatment of piles are Aesculus hippocastanum, Aloe, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, & others.
Thus, it is evident that homeopathy is highly effective in treating hemorrhoids. So, if you happen to suffer from piles anytime, opt for homeopathy to treat the condition effectively, gently, and safely with no side effects.
Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly. Click here
+ There are no commentsAdd yours