Homeopathy and Lactose Intolerance
Lactose intolerance is a common digestive problem where the body is unable to digest lactose, a type of sugar mainly found in milk and dairy products.
Symptoms of lactose intolerance include:
– Bloated stomach
– Stomach cramps and pains
– Stomach rumbling
– Feeling sick
The severity of symptoms depends on upon the quantity of Lactose consumed.
Cause of Lactose Intolerance:
The body digests lactose using a substance called lactase. This breaks down lactose into two sugars called glucose and galactose, which can be easily absorbed into the bloodstream.
People with lactose intolerance don’t produce enough lactase, so lactose stays in the digestive system where it’s fermented by bacteria. This leads to various gasses, which cause the symptoms associated with lactose intolerance.
Lactose Intolerance leads to Vitamin deficiencies, Bone related diseases, and Malnutrition in the long run. These can be prevented by proper nutritional supplementation.
We treat patients from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
How Homeopathy can help:
The usual medical course of action is to refrain from drinking processed milk and eating processed foods that contain whey, casein, or lactose. Substitutes include almond milk, rice milk, and soy milk. According to homeopathy, the alternative course is to find the cause of the milk sensitivity and medicine to cure it. For every disease, there is an exciting external cause and an internal maintaining cause. Exciting causes include weather changes, emotional stress, allergenic foods, and mildly toxic substances, to name a few. In homeopathic treatment, we encourage the patient to avoid the exciting cause until we have found a medicine to cure the inner maintaining cause.
[box type=”note” ]Get expert opinion from our doctors. Just send your query here.[/box]
There are a number of homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat Lactose Intolerance. This include:
- Aethusa Cynapium: The sufferer is usually a child with a congenital absence of the enzyme lactase, a condition also known as Anastasia. These children can digest milk and other dairy products in any form and suffer from stomach aches or colic and vomit every time they ingest milk and dairy products.
- Apis Mellifica: These patients have an allergy to milk and dairy products and the ingestion of milk or dairy acts as an allergen and lead to a severe anaphylactic reaction (allergic reaction) that presents with symptoms of urticaria or skin rash, swelling, redness and itching of the body and difficulty in breathing. With all these symptoms you will have a condition of thirstless ness.
- China Officinalis: These patients are unable to digest milk or other dairy products, which when taken will produce symptoms of bloating, belching, and flatulence. They also suffer from abdominal colic due to gas that becomes relieved only by bending double or by vomiting of food.
- Lac Vaccinum Defloratum: Lac Vaccinum Defloratum is made by potentizing skimmed milk; hence it is suitable for treating the symptoms of lactose intolerance. In these patients’ ingestion of milk and other dairy products, you develop symptoms of nausea with a headache and vomiting. They may also suffer from obstinate constipation leading to the passage of large stools that involves excessive straining.
- Magnesium Muriaticum: These patients will not be able to digest milk and develop blisters on the lips and tongue as a result. Their tongue will also feel burnt and scalded.
These are just some remedies that can help Lactose Intolerance. Though the medicine that suits your child has to be selected based on the individual symptoms and constitution of the patient.
– Written by Dr. Megha Jain, Life Force Homeopathy
Read the case study on Complaints of IBS aggravated due to having junk food, milk, and soya in a 24-year-old with alternate diarrhea and constipation.
Got Questions? Get answers to all the questions regarding your ailment from Dr. Shah directly.
+ There are no commentsAdd yours