Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or Impotence is a condition characterized by inability to develop or maintain erection of the Penis during sexual activity.
ED can be Physical or Psychological. Causes of Physical ED include- Cardio-vascular diseases, Diabetes, Trauma, Hormonal imbalance and drug side effects.
Psychological ED is where dysfunction is due to psychological reasons with absence of any physical reason or incapability.
Treatment for ED depends upon the cause. The major treatments include –
- Medications like PDE5 inhibitors (Ex- Viagra), Prostaglandin tablets.
- Penile Prosthesis.
- Penis pump
- Vascular reconstructive surgery.
[box type=”info” ]Read more about homeopathic medicines for Erectile dysfunction.[/box]
Fortunately, there are some tasty options that can reduce the chances of having Erectile Dysfunction.
Some foods are found to contain nutrients and chemical substances that are known to reduce the risk of ED. Some of such beneficial foods are listed below.
- Green leaves and Beet- Green leafy vegetables like celery and spinach contain nitrates and magnesium that increases the circulation. Beet juice is also high in nitrates which which opens up blood vessels and improves blood flow.
- Dark Chocolate- Dark chocolate contains Flavanoids. Flavanoids are naturally occurring antioxidants that removes toxins and improves circulation. Flavanoids are also known to lower BP and Cholesterol. Cocoa also increases the levels of hormone Serotonin which is a mood-boosting hormone; it lowers the stress and boosts desire.
- Coffee- Coffee contains caffeine that improves blood circulation.
- Watermelons- Watermelon contains Lycopene, an antioxidant, that removes toxins and improves circulation.
[box type=”info” ]Click here to ask about your ailment directly to Dr. Shah.[/box]
- Oysters- Oysters boost Testosterone levels and also contain good amount of zinc which improve your nutrition level.
- Grape Juice- Grape juice increases nitric oxide levels in the body which expands the blood vessels and improves circulation.
- Fish- Salmon and other fatty fish are great source of omega 3 fatty acids, which boosts nitric acid levels in the body.
- Olive oil- It increases the production of testosterone in the body, it also helps get rid of bad cholesterol from the body.
- Tomatoes- Tomatoes contain Lycopene , it is a phytonutrient which is good for circulation and sexual issues.
- Green Tea– It contains catechins, which help boost metabolism and kill off free radicals that damage blood vessels, letting your blood flow more freely to your organs.
-Dr. Megha Jain, Life Force Homeopathy
Do you experience low sex drive or loss of libido? You should read about Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.
[box type=”note” ]Got questions? Get answers to all the questions directly from Dr. Shah. Send us your query here.[/box]