Early to rise and late to bed!
Sounds familiar, right? With your hectic schedule, you often have to make peace with insufficient rest. The not-so-fresh feeling that this leaves you with the next day soon becomes a part of us.
Yet, one day you are unable to beat the long-standing weakness. The aches do not go away and the pain does not stop. The painkillers fail and multivitamins do not seem to work. The Doctor ponders and so do you. Your thyroid tests are normal and so is the iron in your blood. It’s not depression or anxiety that is hampering you from enjoying your sleep. Your Doctor tests for everything including rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren’s syndrome, lupus, multiple sclerosis and myasthenia gravis, but the offender is never caught.
Then your Rheumatologist examines and interviews you, and he catches the culprit, its – Fibromyalgia.
Causes of Fibromyalgia:
There is no specific pathology found in patients of fibromyalgia but the researches reveal that fibromyalgia is caused by abnormal response of the brain to pain and temperature signals. As a result these sensations are felt in a severe intensity by the people suffering from fibromyalgia as compared to other individuals.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
Fibromyalgia is characterized by a group of symptoms such as:
- Widespread pain in various muscles and joints of your body,
- Intense feeling of fatigue
- Constant dull aches in various deep as well as superficial muscles
- Disturbances in sleep caused by pain or presence of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome
- Cognitive impairments popularly known as “fibro fog”. It includes inability to focus and concentrate on mental tasks. You may also have memory loss and mood disorders.
The symptoms develop gradually over a period of time. Symptoms of fibromyalgia may or may not have a triggering factor such as a recent surgery, infections, physical trauma or emotional stress.
Recent guidelines suggest the following Criteria for Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia:
- Widespread pain throughout the body lasting for at least 3 months.
- Presence of symptoms such as fatigue, waking up tired and difficulty in thinking.
- No other underlying condition that might be causing the symptoms
Homeopathy can effectively tackle your condition. It works at both physical and mental sphere and provides not just effective but also significant relief. It works at the root level and brings down the sensitivity to pain. Homeopathy provides a holistic treatment giving you relief from symptoms, a calmer mind, a peaceful sleep and a pain free life.
A good homeopathic treatment along with regular exercises and adequate sleep
can help you get relief and live your life to the fullest. If you too have begun to notice symptoms of Fibromyalgia, contact us today at Lifeforce Homoeopathy. Just leave us your contact details below and one of our doctors will get in touch with you.