Vitiligo is a skin disorder marked by destruction or deficient formation of skin pigment called melanin. Loss of melanin pigment causes the formation of white patches on the skin. It is observed that Vitiligo affects adults as well as children.
About 8% of Indian population is affected by Vitiligo and about 1.5% of world population is affected by Vitiligo.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder with strong genetic link. Apart from this there are other causes like mental stress, hormonal problem, and consumptions of some drugs which lead to decreased immunity of the body which in turn leads to the development of the disease.
Dr Rajesh Shah, MD, Life Force, has treated more than 6000 cases of Vitiligo from across 180 countries in last 30 years. Based on his vast experience he has made some interesting observations on easy to treat cases of Vitiligo and difficult to treat cases of Vitiligo. These observations are purely based on his vast clinical experience.
Here, is the list of factors which make the Vitiligo treatment easy and such cases are easy to treat.
- Vitiligo of recent origin (between two to five years)
- Vitiligo cases with history of less than two years get extremely good results in terms of recovery.
- Vitiligo limited to only one part of the body with small patches
- No history of autoimmune diseases in the family like Rheumatoid arthritis, Diabetes mellitus type 1, Crohn’s disease, Alopecia areata etc.
- No involvement of skin, genitals, lips and finger tips with Vitiligo
- No family history of Vitiligo
- Vitiligo in children
- No history of using oral or local cortisone in the form of creams and ointments for the disease
- Vitiligo with a fewer and smaller spots.
Following cases of Vitiligo come under difficult to treat category.
- Patients having history of Vitiligo since 10 years or more than 10 years.
- Large spots of Vitiligo affecting both the side of the body like elbows, around the eyes, lips etc.
- History of extensive use of oral cortisone and local application of cortisone in the form of creams and ointments.
- Strong family history of Vitiligo and other autoimmune diseases like Diabetes mellitus type 1, Hypothyroidism, Alopecia areata, Rheumatoid arthritis etc.
- Vitiligo affecting finger tips, lips and genitals organs falls under extremely difficult to treat category.
Vitiligo is a non-contagious and non-infectious disease. Homeopathy can offer quite good results to the patients of Vitiligo. Homeopathic medicines are given after detailed case taking, complete case analysis, complete understanding of patient’s disease, genetic tendencies, hormonal imbalance, mental and emotional state of mind. This particular way of prescribing is called the constitutional way of prescribing homeopathic medicines.
It must be noted that the views expressed in this blog may not be final. There could be individual variations in results and prognosis, depending of various factors which govern the disease and its recovery.
Dr Rajesh Shah’s message to Vitiligo patients is, “Do not panic if you are affected by Vitiligo. Consult a qualified and experienced homeopath at the earliest. Homeopathy offers good chances of recovery to the Vitiligo patients.”
- Patients’ Testimonials
I, Miss S. S. J., 23 years old visited Lifeforce for the treatment of Vitiligo. I would first thank God and Dr. Shah for his miraculous treatment for Vitiligo. My lost confidence had been gained forever only due to Dr. Shah’s treatment. It was a nice experience and now i am free from Vitiligo. Thank you so much to entire Lifeforce team!