Headache is one of the common discomforting and painful condition which may of us experience some or other time. However, to have the right treatment for a specific type of headache, it is necessary to identify the cause of headaches. You need to identify whether it is a regular headache or migraine before commencing the treatment. Migraine is a concerning condition which causes a throbbing or pulsating headache on either side of the head. Those with migraines spend a lot of energy trying to look good to fit in and look normal as much as possible. Still, they tend to look sick because of that debilitating headache which puts them down and drained. It appears as if they are chronically ill.
Is Aspirin the Only Solution?
Many patients with headache take measures to prevent the attack of migraine, but the migraine comes with no signal. Acute attacks can involve dizziness, vertigo, blinding lights, severe stabbing pain, nausea, vomiting, and hypersensitivity to light, noise, and touch.
It isn’t like a regular headache where taking aspirin is enough. Migraine attacks can last and affect you for days, and standard painkillers are often ineffective in treating them.
Migraine can cause nausea and vomiting and require ice packs on the head. Often, those with migraines require a quiet dark place or room when experiencing the worst discomfort of the attack.
Many women have said that it’s the worse pain more painful than childbirth. Migraine is a neurological disease that affects the nervous system and sensitizes the brainstem which affects the entire body. Chronic migraine patients are the group that is at risk of experiencing these potentially serious health issues the most. And, professional health should be sought if the migraine is affecting your quality of life. Migraines are genetic and neurological diseases, which result in a sensitized brainstem that overreacts to otherwise normal stimuli. Consequently, even though many individuals have healthy levels of stress, they experience discomforting migraine attacks. Perhaps, you would like a day or week or more off work. Sure, who would not? But, would you trade your health and quality of life? Being chronically ill is lonely, debilitating, and dangerously depressing. You, on the other hand, can reach your full potential to be a productive and active member of society.
The WHO World Health Organization (WHO) has ranked migraine in the top 20 most disabling diseases worldwide. The WHO also rates severe migraine attacks comparable to dementia, quadriplegia, and active psychosis. Most people have tried everything to get rid of the headaches but it’s not possible as it does not give a warning signal.
We treat patients from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE & 180 more countries. Get an expert opinion on your ailment, click here to ask Dr. Shah’s team directly.
The Major Causes of Headache is STRESS
So, let’s look at what stress is. Stress, whether at rest or not at rest, is a mental and physical tension that we come across in everyday life.
How do we cope with it? It is a very important question.
Handling stress can be difficult at times. We cannot avoid stress. We can manage it well. Stress can affect all ages, all genders, and can impact health. If you suffer from stress over a long span, it could be chronic a condition until you take the right step.
Stress is a normal reaction to daily problems, but it becomes unhealthy when it hampers your day-to-day functioning. Stress is a causative factor for many diseases affecting various systems causing various health issues, ranging from cardiovascular problems, such as hypertension, endocrinological disturbances like hormonal imbalance, gut disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, to psychological health issues, such as anxiety neurosis, panic disorders, and headache with a migraine.
How well you can manage stress is important not only from the physical aspect but also at the mental and emotional levels. To work efficiently and achieve a better outcome, we must handle stress well with a calm mind.
Our body, sometimes, experiences imbalance when it comes to handling stress and tension. So, when we experience stress, it’s time to fight out the triggers of our stress, find out the root cause of all health problems, and maintain a state of healthy balance. Chronic stress disrupts the immune system and causes many health problems. When the body goes into the sense of imbalance, it hampers not only the immune system but also affects your productivity at work. Chronic stress leads to adrenal fatigue or adrenal burn-out.
To work efficiently and achieve a better outcome, we must handle stress well with a calm mind.
6 Steps to be Taken to Reduce Tension Headaches
- Identify What’s Causing the Stress: Track your stressors. Analyze the problem or the cause affecting you. Monitor your actions and state of mind throughout the day. Write down the definite reason or cause. Figure out a solution and work towards it. Once you know what’s bothering you, sort it out by developing a plan for the same to address it.
- Think Positive: Stay away from negative thoughts surrounding you and your mind. Develop a positive thinking attitude, which will not only enhance your skills but also motivate you to stay healthy in a long run and will help you to look forward every day with a positive frame of mind.
- Build Strong Rapport and Relationships: Reach out to family members and close friends to develop solutions with their help. Thus, avoid triggering the stress-sensitive hormones and get a solution for the cause. Consult a medical professional if you need help.
- Calm Your Mind: Eat right. Have adequate sleep for 8 hours, and cut back on caffeine. Meditation activities, such as yoga and meditation, and gymnasium, may not only help relieve stress but also boost your immune functioning and for the overall functioning of the body. Indulge in stress-relieving activities for a good health system.
- Exercise When You are Angry: Exercise boosts your endorphins, a natural immune booster. Ignite your endorphins, which means to experience the feel-good factor within yourself. Exercises produce a feel-good hormone, which not only relieves your stress but also acts as a stress-buster for the proper functioning of your system.
- Prioritize Self-Care: A good healthy balanced diet with exercise, good night sleep, and healthy competition at work keeps you motivated to look forward every day to get you back in the groove. It promotes positive thinking and helps you to be alert all the time and productive at work.
So, if you happen to suffer from a headache due to stress, follow these helpful tips to relieve the stress and obtain relief.
- Written by Dr. Rati Parwani, Associate doctor to Dr. Rajesh Shah